Dr. Stephen Kales MD Patient Reviews

• 1 comment

• Good
  • Bad

June 11th, 2011
Does not believe in chemical sensitivity
I went to see Dr. Kales with a work related chemical sensitivity problem before I did any research myself on the condition. It turns out that Dr. Kales does not believe in chemical sensitivity, and, therefore, is forced to conclude that any chemical sensitivity is the result of a psychological problem, regardless of the facts presented. He told me that most of his patients have real problems and suggested that perhaps I should get a new job as the issue might be with my job. Fortunately, I later saw another occupational medicine doctor who explained to me that, because Dr. Kales does not believe in chemical sensitivity, he was not prepared to help me. Dr. Kales, of course, can believe or not believe, in anything he wants, but he does have a professional obligation to explain the otpions that are available to a patient. The new doctor that I saw recommended an air purifier (IQAir) and a humidifier. Strangely, after this, my psychological problems went away, and suddenly I liked my job again, information which would never come to Dr. Kales because he already knows that you don't have the condition that you have.

March 14th, 2012