Dr. Stephen Kates MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Richmond, VA

3.9

June 10th, 2015
pain
I waited 2 weeks for a appointment with his PA (who was excellent). I got a needed MRI. that showed the cartilage was gone in my left hip and the bone was bruised and swollen I could not get a pre op appointment with Dr Kates for 6-8 weeks . I was in a great deal of pain but appointments are scheduled on first come basics. I think Dr Kates should stop taking new patients until his practice is more manageable.

January 27th, 2015
Dr. too busy to address surgical complications
If you have a surgical complication, it is impossible to get followup. Too busy.

January 23rd, 2014
Superior service and Excellent office staff
Very easy to make an appointment if you call the appointment line. Offers surgery with extremely little wait time for such an experienced surgeon. Staff is friendly and helpful. To the person that wrote the bad review- you have the wrong Doctor as Dr. Kates only does knees and hips. He does not do hands or elbows. Maybe you should get the right physician before you put in a negative review.

September 26th, 2013
I love Dr. Kates. His office sees many patients so it can be hard toget an appointment. But it is worth it. I refere every one to him.

March 23rd, 2012
Had me in an over the elbow cast for 6 months for a broken scaphoid bone in my wrist. I was in a cast for a total of 8 months.
He never even prescribed PT after surgery, even though my arm was immobilized for 8 full months. It was horrendous and inexcusable. I'

October 4th, 2010
Total Knee Replacement
Dr. Kates is a very compassionate and caring surgeon. He is very concerned not only with the physical recovery but your emotional recovery as well. The joint is wonderful and my recovery is going well. His staff is exemplary and if ever again I need orthopedic surgery, he will be the one I choose!