Dr. Stephen Kolakowski Jr MD Patient Reviews

• Vascular Surgery Piscataway, NJ

April 19th, 2015
While making my appointment on the phone, I clearly said I was seeing Dr. Kolakowski because a podiatrist who recommended Dr. Kolakowski said I needed an arterial doppler test because of low pulse in my feet, swollen ankles, spider and varicose veins, and a history of pulmonary embolisms. After I provided this information about my medical history, unbeknownst to me, the staff person gave me an appointment on a day when the arterial doppler technician does not have hours. Upon arriving and first learning that the technician doesn't come in on Tuesdays, and explaining my frustration that I took a day off from work just to take the doppler exam which now could not be administered, the staff person didn't seem to care and in fact, seemed annoyed with me. As for the doctor's exam, although he listened to my heart and lungs, his exam was extremely brief, and I actually had to ask him to look at my swollen ankles and legs. It seemed as if he wasn't planning to do this unless I asked. When he gave me a prescription for the arterial doppler exam, I then had to schedule the exam at a radiology facility. When I arrived for my exam at the radiology facility and was taken into the exam room, I asked the technician why she wasn't putting blood pressure cuffs on my ankles for the arterial doppler exam which I had been told was the normal procedure, she said that the prescription was not for an arterial doppler, but rather a bilateral venous doppler instead. The doctor had written the wrong prescription. Although I went through the bilateral venous doppler exam anyway because it rules out blood clots, I had lost total confidence in the doctor at this point. I knew that I would now have to get the correct prescription for an arterial doppler at a later date. The technician told me that my doctor would get the results from the bilateral venous doppler within 24 hours. I called my doctor's office the next day, and even though the results had come in, since the doctor didn't work on Fridays, I was told that I would have to wait until Monday for the results. This was very troubling because of my history of blood clots. However, the staff person once again didn't seem to care and seemed abrupt on the phone. I was also told that the doctor wouldn't give me results over the phone but would insist that I come in for another visit. I told her this was not good because I couldn't take another day off from work just to come in for results. Again she didn't seem to care. Monday came, and I never received a call from the doctor. I called the office at 4:00 PM and was told he was in surgery. I asked if there was a covering doctor who could give me the results. Of course that request was declined as well. On Tuesday, I called again, and again no results. Finally out of sheer frustration, I called the radiological facility to ask if they would print out the results for me. Even though I am not a doctor, I hoped that I could make sense of the written report. The radiological facility was more than happy to do this for me. I picked up the written report and thankfully there was no evidence of blood clots. However, the doctor's office doesn't know that I already have the results, and it is now eleven days since my bilateral venous doppler exam and the doctor has still not called me with the results. Had I had blood clots, I could have died by now, but clearly the doctor didn't think it was important enough to call me back. Suffice it to say, I will never go back to this doctor again, and urge all prospective patients to find a different doctor.

April 9th, 2015
none
Took for ever to get my appointment and then cancel my appointment 3 times finally got in after 2 months and then he didnt finish the job saying that it was over

March 25th, 2011
A wonderful doctor
Dr. Kolakowski did surgery on my leg for a vascular problem. He did a wonderful job. The care you receive is unique. He is very thoughtful and if you have questions he will stay and answer all of them. I have recommended him to several of my co-workers who were also satisfied. We need more drs. like him.

March 4th, 2011
Outstanding Dr.!
Absolutely loved this guy. He did (2) deep vein thrombosis surgeries last year on me, one on each leg. I was scared to death and he made me feel at ease.

February 8th, 2011
Totally unprofessional practice. I am/was a PATIENT of his. I called 5 separate times to schedule my surgery and was told that the person in charge of scheduling would call me. I NEVER got a return call- NEVER. Their phone has been off the hook for days. Once I finally connected with them, I was told "something internal is going on and we can't say more". AVOID THIS GUY AT ALL COST!

November 25th, 2009
Dr. Kolakowski is a wonderful young Doctor doing the newest techniques out there today. He is an extremely knowledgable man that loves his work. I would recommend him to anyone.