Dr. Stephen Krant MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 13 reviews

October 21st, 2016
Almost 60 and looking good
My facelift turned out great. I love my refreshed look. Dr Krant did awesome work and his staff supported my through the whole experience. Even though I was nervous, with the help of Dr Krant, I would say my experience was excellent

April 15th, 2013
Finally Pain Free!
My breast reduction saved me from a life of shoulder and arm pain. I had Carpel Tunnel surgery in May. When I returned to work, the pain came back with a vengence. By mid-day, my bra straps were at half mass. The weight of my breast was causing numbness in my arms. I had an MRI and an EMG with no significant findings. I thought I was going crazy. I finally went to see Dr. Krant. He knew exactly what I had been going through. He and his staff are absolutely the best!!

January 28th, 2012
SKilled and Caring Surgeon!
In 2005 Dr Krant did a breast lift and augmentation on me leaving them looking and feeling very natural. Fast forward 5 years to when I was diagnosed with breast cancer and I knew Dr. Krant was going to be my reconstructive doctor. Within minutes of calling his office, he called me back and listened to me cry and then we put a plan together. He quarterbacked my fight and saw me through my darkest days! It soon became apparent I was going to have to have a mastectomy. After digesting that, I asked him about taking them both. He told me if I did the bilateral mastectomy I would most likely avoid radiation! That was huge for me and I signed on for the double and it was the best decision I ever made, thanks to Dr. Krant!! Dr Krant, Dr Apostolides and their professional staff made a difficult process easy and I am thankful they were on my team!

January 17th, 2012
The best experience and excellent results!
After having several unsuccessful post- mastectomy reconstruction surgeries, I was basically told that my problem could not be fixed. I almost lost hope, until I met Dr. Krant. I instantly knew he was the right doctor for me. He spent a long time reviewing my case and answered all my questions and concerns. He was so patient, friendly and caring, he explained all the details of the procedure (even drew pictures on a white board, demonstrating what he was going to do). His professionalism and experience made me feel that I was in very good hands. After many years working in a medical field myself, I have not seen a doctor and office staff that babies their patients the way Dr. Krant and his office does. They genuinely care about their patients. Dr. Krant is a congenial perfectionist. Frequent post-operative visits made my recovery smooth and easy. The results of my surgery exceeded all my expectations. I cant thank Dr. Krant and his wonderful staff enough for their expertise and kindness!

December 28th, 2011
Great Surgeon, Great Results, Very Happy
Three weeks ago I had a Facelift, Malar lift and Brow lift, and am so pleased with the results. I cannot believe how quickly I am healing. I attribute that to Dr. Krants skill and knowledge. Dr. Krant is very knowledgeable in the structure and anatomy of the face, and uses that to you advantage. I have no visible scars and people have difficulty figuring out what changed. He is so honest and open in explaining to you what will work and what is best for your personal needs. I trust him completely and would recommend him to everyone. I have worked in the medical profession for over 40 years and did a lot of research before I chose Dr. Steven Krant. I have not regretted a single moment; I actually enjoyed the entire process. (Yes, there is a little discomfort but it wasnt that bad and they prepare you well). Dr. Krant and his entire Team are very attentive, personal and work very closely with you through the whole process. I was very impressed with their preop communication in preparing me for that big day. Follow up care and attention is above and beyond, I always felt like everyone cared about my recovery and my satisfaction with the surgery. I had a private nurse for two days post op and would highly recommend that to ensure your comfort the first few days, and your family or home caregiver will greatly appreciate it. I only wish you could see my before and after pictures.

December 19th, 2011
Dr. Krant is a trusted and safe physician.
My best friend recommended Dr. Krant when I was looking for a doctor to perform my mommy makeover. It was a perfect recommendation for me because he was a doctor that I immediately felt safe with. Dr. Krant's experience and his professionalism is impeccable. I have never met a doctor that is as sincere as he is. My results are amazing and I healed so fast due to his pre and post op care. If you are looking for a doctor to listen to your needs and to create the best surgical plan for your body, Dr. Krant and his staff are miracle workers. Once you decide on your plastic surgery, make the next best decision and choose Dr. Krant as your plastic surgeon!!

December 16th, 2011
This was my second procedure with Dr. Krant and I was as thrilled this time as I was 10 years ago. His staff is helpful, knowledgeable and very caring. I LOVE my results and will recommend Dr Krant to my friends.

December 16th, 2011
Natural and beautiful results
Dr Krant keeps updated on the latest procedures for his patients. All results have been so natural. Breast reduction and tummy tuck, I am so pleased! I look so much better in my clothes. Latest procedure is Fermage. Fabulous skin rejuvenating procedure that is painless. Dr Krant is the best, and I would highly recommend him!

May 6th, 2011
Worse experience ever!
Dr. Krant is a terrible doctor. He's pompous, rude and didn't listen to me as a patient. He's outrageously expensive and did a terrible job. Yesterday, when I asked him to lower the chair so I could get out of his office, he wouldn't do so. After quite a few more minutes, I struggled to get out and he had to tell me not to jump twice before he finally lowered the chair so I could leave his presence. I'm very unhappy with his work, his demeanor and his not caring about customer satisfaction.

March 26th, 2011
Dr. Krant is the best!!
Dr. Krant is amazing. I always hated my nose, and if you ever thought of a bad nose my came to mind. Mine had a big bump and the tip was big. Also, I had a deviated septum and my nose was slightly crooked. I love my new nose! Everyone tells me how natural it looks and it really does. It doesn't look like I've had a nose job but my nose is smaller and more beautiful. He has really changed my life I look so much better. I recommend him to any friends and family who want a rhinoplasty. He just looked at my nose and knew what to do, he lifted it and made it smaller, its so amazing. It sounds superficial to say that something like a nose job can change your life but when all of your life people have made fun of you for it really does change your life. And if he can make my nose into something beautiful he can make anyone's nose into something beautiful. He's the best, he knows whats he's doing and I don't think any other plastic surgeon in San Diego or California could have done such a good job, it exceeded my expectations. Also, everyone who works at SK is so friendly and they always are polite and have something nice to say, it really helps the whole process. You really feel like the people care and all I can say is go to Dr. Krant!!!

March 10th, 2011
Poor Quality of Work and Fraudulent Billing Practices
I am not one to typically blog about experiences, but felt the need to prevent anyone else from living my nightmare. I have paid over $20K for multiple breast implants/ revision work with this doctor. For the 3rd surgery, I paid over $9K and then Dr. Krant billed my insurance for a capsular contraction problem. The insurance paid him approx $3K and now he claims that I owe him another $4K. Incredible!!! I consulted with Dr. Krant for breast implants and he told me that I wouldn't need a lift so I trusted his opinion. We discussed size C and 300-325CC's implants. I ended up with 375CC's and Size DD. It turned out that I really needed a lift, but I hadn't signed a consent form so he couldn't perform the lift. Instead he compensated, by going much bigger than discussed. I was so embarrassed and the breasts just sagged so it looked like my breast started where my stomach should have been. I just wanted the correct size implants and to look good. I agreed to pay him thousands of dollars again a month later to correct the work. The second results were still not good since I have since been told by another surgeon that I didn't have a true lift. However, I didn't want to go thru anymore surgeries and left it alone. 8 months later my implant hardened so the impant had to be removed. I paid him again (9K)for 3rd surgery and now he's trying to collect more from me after the insurance has already paid him. This is outrageous!!!! Stay away!

February 24th, 2011