Dr. Stephen Kulick MD Patient Reviews

3.4

• Good
  • Bad

November 9th, 2016
I went to see Dr. Kulick for constant pain and numbness in my sbdomen and legs. I had been seeing various doctors for 5 months seeking an answer to this horrible problem. He saw me for 10 minutes, checked my reflexes, then told me my pain was psychosomatic and that I need to see a psychologist. I requested an EMG and he refused to give me one. He was very cold and uncaring. Never again.

May 5th, 2016
Big Improvement /Better Service
I have notice/respect the mixed reviews regarding the Neurology Center/Dr. Kulnick; however, my visit was a very memorable and pleasant one. The room and furniture was rearranged to accommodate comfort and efficiency. I was particularly impressed to see 3 receptionists on duty; this expedites the process. I am a very outgoing person with a huge sense of humor (which is also my survival kit), plus my career background includes both HR (Human Resources) and PR (Public Relations); hence, it was very easy for me to relate to the staff and doctors. . Clearly there must have been a deluge of complaints which necessitated an upgrade and update both in protocol, policy and procedures at this location and it was done. I met with Dr. Kulnick in 2005. He is a very quiet, low-key person; hence, if the patient is also quiet and low-key it might make for a somewhat uneventful experience; however, I had no problem relating to him then or now. A medical appointment is not a social event; however, a smile and subtle compliment goes a long way. It's called positive energy and taking the high-road:) . Good luck and I wish the mixed reviews a better experience at this location the next time if not, so be it and God bless!

March 28th, 2016
Haven't had follow up yet, but I found dr Q to be very nice

March 11th, 2016
Saw him one time the rest of time I saw his aide or student but was paying to SEE HIM. I was very unhappy with HIM

May 14th, 2015
This office is unpleasant and staff is only in it for money
This office is chaotic Dr. Kulick doesn't see you gives you to arrogant PA. Had MRI for migraines and PA and Dr. Kulick suggested script that I had already been given and then argued with me that I had never tried it. I took my records and left. Found out had non-cancerous cyst and I'll never go back there again. I'm also disabled cannot walk and there is no disable parking - shows how much they feel for their patients.

April 15th, 2015
Dr. is Great. A little out of the ordinary , but in a good way.

May 22nd, 2014
Dr kulick and his resection it's need to be slapped
The problem is no one has gotten physical with the receptionists if u have workmans comp empire blue cross won't pay after seeing a legal letter from my layer he dismissed the workmanship comp for empire knowing I will be stuck with billing he refused me treatment a real piece of sht his receptionists are nasty and need a good slap better hope I never loose my civil service job or I'll be back slapping thier rude and obnoxious faces the biggest mistake I made is seeking medical treatment on Staten Island

April 21st, 2014
PA is Rude and Unprofessional
I had been to Dr. Kulick for Migraines which were treated very well, So I went back to him when I developed a problem with my shoulder. I met with Dr. Kulick and he is fine. The problem is, that when I met with His PA Claire McHugh, she stated my tests were fine and when I asked her if there was anything else i could do she closed her office door, poked my belly and said I didn't work out. I am 5'2" 140 pounds at that time and when I explained to her that I had stopped my normal work outs because of the injury she wouldn't hear it and insisted I didn't work out. She then asked me what I did for a living and when I told her she made a crack about my profession WHILE I WAS near tears. I cancelled my follow up appointments and luckily my pain mostly ended after getting a better bed.

May 7th, 2013
Don't go to this man
I wish I had read some of this before I want to him. No bedside manners.Dr kilick is the worst dr. I've been to. I'm pretty sure he is going to mess up my workman comp. He hurt me and didn't even say sorry. NO ONE GO TO HIM. I do have to say the staff was very nice. He needs to retire. His PA is just as bad.

October 22nd, 2012
phone information
Dr. Kulick's PA does not return call on timely matter..They give you emergency number for nothing. They call back when they feel like it..That is not professional at all.

March 28th, 2012
Wow, my experience was so different from the other comments. MY husband was hospitalized and diagnosed with parkinson disease, they started him on medication and he was hallucinating really badly, it was horrible. I took him home and a friend sent me to this office. I have to agree that dr. kulick was quick and not very warm and fuzzy, but he was very accurate. I also did the follow up vists with the PA, her name is claire mcque and she is wonderful. She does everything the doctor is suppose to do, with alot more kindness and really knows what she is doing. I will not take my husband anywhere else. He cant work anymore and all the paperwork is done quickly. If your not getting paid you may want to question the people who are suppose to be writting the checks to you.

February 15th, 2012
The office is run badly
I was out on disability from my job and do to there response time in getting my forms completed, and completed correctly I have not gotten paid in 6 weeks. They also charge for each form that needs to be completed which I was told will take at least 20 days to have done. They are for themselves and not for the people they are supposed to be helping.