Dr. Stephen Kunkel MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.7

March 18th, 2015
Very rude and judgmental. Would not recommend seeing him.

January 30th, 2015
Very happy with my visit.
I started seeing doctor kunkel a month ago and was very happy with how nice he was, and how much time he spent going over everything with me, and taking time to give me the appropriate tests to figure out my diagnois.

September 7th, 2012
Horrible Experience - Detailed Account
I cannot comment on his accuracy of diagnosing because I ended the consult. This Doctor treated me as if I had lied about my symptoms, at one point saying "I would be depressed too if I had as many headaches as you CLAIM to have". I can tolerate an abrupt mannerism or a lack of warmth and friendliness, but I will not be called a liar. I was suffering from chronic severe headaches, and I went to him for help, not condemnation and accusation (I can get that ANYWHERE!). I finally stood up and said the following:"I don't know about you, but I feel this consultation is going very poorly; you are rude and condescending and I feel sorry for any patient that feels they have to sit here and take this treatment from you. I want anything and everything you wrote stricken from my records, and I had better not see a bill from you to either myself or my Insurance Company. As a Pharmacist, family, friends, and customers seek my advice on what Doctor they should see on a daily basis; needless to say, I will be telling everyone who asks exactly what I think of you"Dr. Kunkel sat with his jaw hanging as I walked from the room with my head held high. The minute I hit the waiting room, however, I burst into tears. Patients stared as I made my way toward the hall, and finally a Nurse rushed to assist me. She must have just about had it with this Doctor too, because she ushered me straight to the Administrators office! I later received a letter of apology and confirmation that the visit was stricken from my record. No bill was ever sent. I was later diagnosed with Chronic Paroxysmal Hemicrania (otherwise know as Ice Pick Headaches or Jabs and Jolts) by a Headache Specialist in Milwaukee. These headaches almost destroyed my life; Dr. Kunkel branded me a liar, but another Physician found the answer.

July 3rd, 2012
This doctor is a great find! I am sincerely impressed.
He listened carefully to everything my brother said about his illness, everything his wife said, even everything I contributed. He studied every item on my brother's chart; he tested him thoroughly, gave excellent responses in regard to his symptoms, immediately set up appointments with two other specialists, and then set a follow-up with him after those reports were in. We could not have been better served or more encouraged.

March 4th, 2011
Patient
Upon receiving a copy of my medical records to prepare for a move, I found that this Dr totally exaggerated what I said, what he said, and LIED outright about what happened during the visit. He falsified my records stating he had performed an exam, he did NOT perform an exam. I am completely ashamed of him as a medical professional and will NEVER go to him again and would NEVER recommend anyone else see him either. I am taking the proper steps in reporting him to the proper people that can take care of doctors who think they can do this to their patients.