A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Hauser:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Stephen Hauser is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Hauser
Diabetic Nerve Pain Patient Education Read our patient education guide and understand diabetic nerve pain and symptoms and treatments for nerve damage.Before Visiting Dr. Hauser Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Hauser, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Neurology.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Evoked Potential Studies
- Hereditary Central Nervous System Demyelinating Diseases (CNS Demyelinating Diseases)
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Neuromyelitis Optica (Devic's Disease)
- Optic Nerve inflammation (Optic Neuritis)
Education & Awards
Dr. Hauser graduated from Harvard University , Boston.
Dr. Hauser has 3 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- Medical Center at UCSF
- San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Stephen Lawrence Hauser MD is a male Internist, has 37 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Neurology.
- Where does Dr. Stephen L. Hauser practice?
- Dr. Stephen Hauser has 1 office location.
Dr. Stephen Hauser practices Internal Medicine and Neurology near San Francisco, CA.
See San Francisco Internists and San Francisco Neurologists.