A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Lazarus:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Lazarus, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Disease.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Mast-Cell Cancer (Mast-Cell Sarcoma)
Education & Awards
Dr. Lazarus graduated from University of California at Irvine. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Lazarus has 2 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- UCSF Medical Center / Mt. Zion Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Lazarus accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Alameda Alliance for Health - 2 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 3 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Cigna - 1 plan