Dr. Stephen Lieman MD Patient Reviews

3.0

• Good
  • Bad

June 24th, 2016
The lady at the front desk is extremely rude and apathetic to patient needs. Unfortunate such a shining star has this blemish.

July 15th, 2015
Dr. Lieman was prompt, friendly and accurate. Entire family has seen him for 25 years. Would recommend

May 2nd, 2015
Could use compassion
Super smart doctors but bedside manner is lacking across the board. Staff is rushed and not afraid to show it. I wish everyone would be a little kinder as most urology problems are extremely painful.

February 3rd, 2014
Horrible experience
This Dr. is very insensitive to patient's feelings. I needed to have a DJ stent removed and he only told me it's going to be a "complicated" surgery. Not knowing exactly what he meant, I underwent the most painful and excruciating surgery that I have ever experienced. He inserted the bladder scope so quickly and so forcefully that I almost passed out. After several attempts, he couldn't find the stent and gave up the procedures. I had to lie on the bed for 15 minutes before I could get up and get dressed. I was never informed of this surgery is so painful. I would have asked for other options or be more prepared psychologically before and during the surgery if he had told me the pain involved. He left right after the failed surgery and I had to wait in another room for 20 minutes before I was able to catch in the hallway to discuss other options…. I don't know why Plano Medical Center referred him.

September 9th, 2011
Saved my life?
Dr Lieman is great. As a prior reviewer mentioned, not the greatest bedside manner. However, charisma is not what I look for in a Dr. He quickly diagnosed a cancerous tumor, scheduled surgury the next day, and has been extremely meticulous and thoughtful in my aftercare. I have nothing but the highest marks for Dr Lieman

August 13th, 2011
Dr. Lieman was/is one of the best doctors I have ever had, he has been published and considered one of the best doctors in Dallas. I had to have a major operation, one Kidney completely removed, and a large group of nodes, He saw me on a Wednesday and because of the urgency he felt was needed he had me in surgery on the following Monday. Dr. Lieman is very direct and to the point, he is not the type of guy that will cry holding your hand telling you that it will be ok, but he is very professional and courteous to you and everyone in the room which is what I respect. He will tell you what your options are and what you are looking at. He is a very good Urologist and I would highly recommend him to anyone who is searching for one.

August 10th, 2009