Dr. Stephen Lucero Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stephen Lucero?

June 1st, 2017

EXCELLENT CARE

He has been taking care of me for over 5 years and I think he is just wonderful. Great person, professional, caring. I am sad he moved to Taos, but it isn't that far to go for a great doctor you can TRUST! Only use Dr. Lucero, that was what I was told by another physician who also left Santa Fe...go figure.

October 11th, 2016

MD

Avoid this physician. Not very professional. Not gentle. Office has not been repainted or redecorated in ages and seems dirty.

December 13th, 2015

This idiot should not be allowed to practice medicine. Incompetent moron. Staff is rude as well.

September 3rd, 2015

Stay Away

Due to previous bladder cancer, I have undergone 20+ Cystoscopy exams. They have been done by various doctors, and all have followed a standard procedure. I have learned that there will be uncontrollable urination for a couple of hours afterward and high pain during urination which subsides by early evening. This was my first exam by Dr Lucero. He did not follow normal procedures of numbing prior to exam, etc. He was very rough and took minimum time. His staff is a couple of elderly gentlemen that appeared to not have a clue what they are doing. After the exam, I had extreme pain, uncontrollable urination for several days, and prolonged urination pain for several days. My advice is to stay away!

May 7th, 2015

He did not return calls to my primary care physician. Despite many requests, he did not send copies of reports to my PCP. However, other than that problem, he and his staff were very good.

January 27th, 2014

Registered Nurse

He was professional and personable. I would recommend him to my friends

May 6th, 2013

Wonderful experience

I'm surprised to read the negative reviews. I found his staff to be pleasant and helpful, although I did get busy signals at time when I called. Dr. Lucero diagnosed me with caution and then performed a series of needle biopsies. He was calming and gentle and walked me to the door when he finished. He prepared me well mentally for the procedures and everything he told me was accurate. I thought he was a very good and kind doctor

April 12th, 2013

Burned Out And Dismissive.

Urine specimens in this doctor's office are collected in plastic drinking cups instead of sterile cups with lids and stickers on the side with the corresponding patient's name written on it. This fact makes me doubt that MY sample was tested and filed with MY medical records. Waiting room is sometimes so overcrowded that it is standing room only. Receptionist is rude to people over the phone. Dr. Lucero has been rude to me over the phone, as well. I called and left a message with the receptionist for Dr. Lucero and got a call back 3 weeks later. Dr. Lucero is dismissive when you have questions and often walks away from you when you are not finished talking to him. He has very little patients with people. I find him to be unprofessional, irresponsible and burned out. Also, I have tried to call his office in the afternoon on a week day and gotten a busy signal, over and over which means phones were left off the hook instead of there being an answering machine or service. I am doing my best to find another, more responsible Urologist. I trust that you will, too.

November 8th, 2012

This is a "factory" office.

My experience with Dr. Lucero is one of my worst in recent memory. I've seen him four times for annual exams and the average length of an exam has been about six minutes. That's just enough time for a digital exam of my prostate and his jotting down some notes.On my last visit, when I asked about the medication he had prescribed for me; he seemed very annoyed that I was questioning my judgement. I'll be seeing a different urologist next time.

May 18th, 2012

Did not follow up properly. Long painful recovery time. Equipment used must have been generations old.

April 13th, 2012

Great experience to visit clinic

Great experience to visit clinic I had to visit clinic. Dr. Lucero was really helpful, and willing to answer any question that I have, and also gave me recommendation. Staffs at the clinic were really nice and friendly. I would recommend anyone that need to visit for Urologist, Dr. Lucero is must.

April 13th, 2011

His bedside manner needs some work. It is next to impossible to get someone to answer his office phone and when they did, they were rude. He doesn't connect with the patients .