A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Howell:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Stephen Howell is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Howell
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Patient Education Learn about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome by reading our patient guide overview page.Before Visiting Dr. Howell Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Howell, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Howell graduated from Northwestern University, Chicago. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Howell has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Methodist Hospital of Sacramento
- Sutter General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Stephen Miller Howell MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 30 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Stephen M. Howell practice?
- Dr. Stephen Howell has 1 office location.
Dr. Stephen Howell practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Sacramento, CA.
See Sacramento Surgeons.