A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Howell:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Stephen Howell is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Howell
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Howell Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Howell, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Howell graduated from Northwestern University, Chicago. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Howell has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Methodist Hospital of Sacramento
- Sutter General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Stephen Miller Howell MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 31 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Stephen M. Howell practice?
- Dr. Stephen Howell has 1 office location.
Dr. Stephen Howell practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Sacramento, CA.
See Sacramento Surgeons.