Dr. Stephen Howell MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 3rd, 2017
Best knee surgeon
Excellent surgeon- best recovery time and support. Replaced both knees on my mother-in-law. Flawless. Custom fit them to her legs (each one). Not the one size fits all treatment. Also replaced my ACL and meniscus (sp?) - also flawless. I give him a five star rating and more if I could. His office is also very helpful and professional. Class Act.

February 23rd, 2014
Otis Nihtmare

April 28th, 2013
Ms.
I would personally like to Thank, Dr. Howell for the wonderful care is provided to my mother. As a Registered Nurse, we know who to send our loved ones to, and I can highly recommend Dr. Howell to anyone thinking about having a knee replacement. Dr. Howell was professional, caring, and attentive. My father and I were kept a breast of all the information pertaining to my mother's care. Dr. Howell even sent her a get well plant to let her know he was thinking of her after her surgery. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! Your care was exceptional and we are grateful that you were our mom's physician. God Bless You!

March 26th, 2013
Had a total knee replacement in Jan of 2012 by Dr. Howell. When the time comes for the other knee to be done I will again go to him again.Have had no trouble with since and the pain is gone. What a relief. He knows what he had to do and so does his help and everything went smooth.

March 5th, 2013
Knee Replacement
Dr. Howell and his staff are exceptional in all aspects of patient care. Everything was arranged and went smoothly. He is a Great Doctor, spends time with my family and myself. I would highly recommend Dr. Howell to anyone that has a knee problem.

February 17th, 2013
Fabulous surgeon
Dr Howell is a fabulous surgeon. Treats his patients wonderfully, has a wonderful upbeat, energetic, and personable manner. Cares about his patients outcomes.

March 28th, 2012
I am a 73 year old male 6' tall 300lbs. Dr. Howell did a total knee replacement two weeks ago. Yesterday I had the staples removed. I can bend my knee to 100 degrees and I have full leg extention to 0 degrees. On a scale of 1-10 my pain level has never been above 5. I can walk without a walker or a cane. Can anyone reality expect more. I would highly recommend Dr. Howell.

March 21st, 2012
Disappointing Visit
Very friendly and from what I could tell, knowlegable. However, once a problem had been identified he seemed very reluctant to treat me, in fact did very little to diagnose my problem. I don't believe it has anything to do with his skills, but rather his not wanting to deal with certain insurances. He actually came with strong recommendations, but word of the insurance issues amongst doctors is also noted.

August 21st, 2011
Dr Howell is probably the worse excuse for an knee replacement Dr. ever created. My husband had knee replacement surgery in 2010 and from the time he was in his room, we knew something was wrong. His only help was to tell us that some patients have more pain, swelling, and redness and sickness. After being home for 1 week, he was rushed to ER because of the swelling, pain and redness. No thanks to Dr. Howell (whose only help was to continue to prescribe pain pills for over 2 months), my husband managed to get on his feet. The surgery was a total failure and after seeing 7 other surgeons, he had to have knee revision surgery last month----this time it was like a totally different surgery---success at last! We feel that knee replacement surgery is difficult enough w/o having a surgery mess up the job and having to go through a "re-do" Stay away Dr. Howell--he is indeed "full of himself"

July 14th, 2011
This is the worst kind of doctor. This guy is so full of himself he won't even hear you when you have an obvious problem! I had a total knee replacement with Dr. Howell and I'm in far worst shape than before surgery. I can't walk down stairs, can bend my knee and I'm in severe pain. I finally gave up and went to see my regular doctor which found a blood clot right off. Now I'm headed for a bone scan to check for infection. Next, I head to San Francisco to see if I can get this mess redone! This guy is a jerk from the word go. Go somewhere else....save yourself!

June 6th, 2011
Fastest Recovery Time
I have had four arthroscopic knee surgeries on one knee over the years. Dr. Howell did a complete knee replacement of that knee. I was fully functioning and back at work within three weeks and off any pain medications within ten days. My experience couldn't have been better. I have had two hips replaced as well (not by Dr. Howell). Overall, my experience with Dr. Howell was exceptional.

September 26th, 2010
Dr. Howell is my HERO!
For 54 years, I have had terrible knee problems. Pain was 24/7, unable to climb stairs, just walking was painfull. I've seen many othopedic's over the years and have had many knee surgeries. Not until I saw Dr.Howell, have I ever had HOPE! Now, after two total knee replacements and reconstruction on my knee that has NO knee-cap. Dr. Howell has restored the USE of both of my knee's. I am SO very grateful to him. Dr.Howell is my HERO!Thank you, thank you~~Dr.Howell~~