Dr. Stephen Melson MD Patient Reviews

• Gastroenterology Forest City, NC

2.8

February 21st, 2016
Endoscopy
Dr. Melson scheduled an endoscopy on my special needs brother who has a lot of disabilities. He was very understanding, very kind and we couldn't have asked for better. He was cautious and did this procedure at the hospital instead of the office. He did a follow up visit that went well and told us in the future if we needed him he would be happy to help us. We really appreciated his bedside manner and his understanding. We don't get that often. I'd recommend him to anyone.

January 9th, 2014
I advised at consult visit had severe allergic asthma and one of those items was ladocaine. Day of colonoscopy, was documented three more times on my chart. Benzocaine was still used even though he was aware of my allergy, coming out of anesthesia, severe laryngical spasms and chest tightened as yet another anaphylactic episode. I was still under anesthesia and he asked me "what do you do in this situation"? Hello, your the doctor! I couldn't speak, anxiety, panic set in., he asked if I wanted to go to ER, you betcha I went.. Then he phoned to ER.. He conveniently forgot I was allergic.. After follow up he still questioned my allergy?? Never again...