A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Mendelson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Stephen Mendelson is Satisfactory.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Mendelson, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery - Sports Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Mendelson graduated from Wayne State University, Detroit.
Dr. Mendelson has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Providence Hospital and Medical Center
- St. Mary Mercy Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Mendelson accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Priority Health - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 8 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 24 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Stephen D. Mendelson practice?
Dr. Stephen Mendelson practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine near Livonia, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Warren, MI.
See Livonia Orthopedic Surgeons.