Dr. Stephen Mendelson Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Stephen Mendelson?

Awful experience!

Posted on July 20th, 2017

First visit in office i had a x-ray done. Then schedule me for a MRI at silver pine. Surprised that the test was given in a mobile trailer behind the building. I returned to see the doctor for my results. Dr. Stephen Mendelson had me wait a hour and a half for nothing. Said he met me months ago and i had never met him at all. He never answered questions and he was very short with me with whatever i ask. My shoulder has been through three surgeries not by him. But i went to him hoping for a resolution wrong!! Rude, Arrogant he never checked me at all. On top of that he even got up and walked out and my mom and i were like is this it?!!!!!! I suppose so. Don't bother if your looking for good beside manners questions answered or a resolution to problems it's not going to happen.. After waiting all that time he was in there all of 3-5 minutes.And, I still have any answers yet. Good luck you will need it.

Posted on October 7th, 2015

The worst doctor imaginable. Do not waste your time.

AVOID

Posted on September 26th, 2014

This was my initial appointment. Upon entering the waiting room I was taken aback at how busy it was. It reminded me of an ER and wondered how many physicians were working. Payment is taken upfront and after a 2 hour wait was finally taken back to X-ray and to a room. X-ray's revealed my painful knee was bone on bone. A Physician Assistant came in and gave me an injection. I was released. DR NEVER EVEN PEAKED INTO THE ROOM. NEVER SAW HIM. DONT KNOW WHO HE IS. YET HE WAS PAID.

Miniscus tear

Posted on May 28th, 2012

On my initial interview I thought I was at a reunion of sorts. Everyone was considerate and personable. Dr. Steve approached me in the hall, not knowing who I was, and introduced himself, making me feel welcomed. Sent me for an MRI, and drove to the Southfield office the same day. Next appointment was the following week, and was initially seen by a P A. Following that meeting, I asked to see Dr. Steve as he sent her in as he was backed up. I was asked if I wanted to wait for him and in three minutes, in he came. Friendly and thorough. Strongly urged me to try every alternative available prior to deciding on surgery. I will. Must be a very brilliant and insightful orthopedic surgeon. He didn't prohibit me from participating in two separate golf tournaments!!! Purely genius!! Will start P T upon the conclusion of the planned tournaments. Until then, heat, ice, and an anti inflammatory. Incidentally: Office wait time should be clarified. If I arrive thirty minutes prior to my appointment time, and have to wait ten minutes past, that does not constitute a forty minute wait. For those of you with no patience to wait for the specialist, take a pill!Will return and recommend Dr. Steve Mendelson all day!

does not understand the meaning of claustrophobic

Posted on February 19th, 2012

He wanted me to get an MRI and I explained I was very claustrophobic and he said well I would like you to go to Silver Pine to have the test done. The building has his name on it and the MRI is the small one. I could not get through it Volume did nothing when you are extremely claustrophobic. They sent me to clear imaging and that MRI was slightly bigger but not big enough. I cancel getting it done and canceled my follow up. I am looking for a doctor that listens and can understand what claustrophobic is. He sure does not and trys talking into that everything will be fine. But if I want to find out what is going on I just have to get thru the test.

Terrible experience

Posted on October 24th, 2011

Visited twice. 20 min each to find parking spot (St Mary Hospital problem). Waited 1.5 hrs on BOTH visits to see the doc for <5 min. Arrogant. Did not answer questions. No diagnosis. Would not EVER return here. Office is a cattle call -- way too many people waiting way too long.

Posted on October 28th, 2017