Dr. Stephen Mendelson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

October 7th, 2015
The worst doctor imaginable. Do not waste your time.

September 26th, 2014
AVOID
This was my initial appointment. Upon entering the waiting room I was taken aback at how busy it was. It reminded me of an ER and wondered how many physicians were working. Payment is taken upfront and after a 2 hour wait was finally taken back to X-ray and to a room. X-ray's revealed my painful knee was bone on bone. A Physician Assistant came in and gave me an injection. I was released. DR NEVER EVEN PEAKED INTO THE ROOM. NEVER SAW HIM. DONT KNOW WHO HE IS. YET HE WAS PAID.

May 28th, 2012
Miniscus tear
On my initial interview I thought I was at a reunion of sorts. Everyone was considerate and personable. Dr. Steve approached me in the hall, not knowing who I was, and introduced himself, making me feel welcomed. Sent me for an MRI, and drove to the Southfield office the same day. Next appointment was the following week, and was initially seen by a P A. Following that meeting, I asked to see Dr. Steve as he sent her in as he was backed up. I was asked if I wanted to wait for him and in three minutes, in he came. Friendly and thorough. Strongly urged me to try every alternative available prior to deciding on surgery. I will. Must be a very brilliant and insightful orthopedic surgeon. He didn't prohibit me from participating in two separate golf tournaments!!! Purely genius!! Will start P T upon the conclusion of the planned tournaments. Until then, heat, ice, and an anti inflammatory. Incidentally: Office wait time should be clarified. If I arrive thirty minutes prior to my appointment time, and have to wait ten minutes past, that does not constitute a forty minute wait. For those of you with no patience to wait for the specialist, take a pill!Will return and recommend Dr. Steve Mendelson all day!

February 18th, 2012
does not understand the meaning of claustrophobic
He wanted me to get an MRI and I explained I was very claustrophobic and he said well I would like you to go to Silver Pine to have the test done. The building has his name on it and the MRI is the small one. I could not get through it Volume did nothing when you are extremely claustrophobic. They sent me to clear imaging and that MRI was slightly bigger but not big enough. I cancel getting it done and canceled my follow up. I am looking for a doctor that listens and can understand what claustrophobic is. He sure does not and trys talking into that everything will be fine. But if I want to find out what is going on I just have to get thru the test.

October 24th, 2011
Terrible experience
Visited twice. 20 min each to find parking spot (St Mary Hospital problem). Waited 1.5 hrs on BOTH visits to see the doc for <5 min. Arrogant. Did not answer questions. No diagnosis. Would not EVER return here. Office is a cattle call -- way too many people waiting way too long.