Dr. Stephen Metzinger Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stephen Metzinger?

November 28th, 2016

Very thorough- you can tell that he truly cares about his patients, and is not just looking to "push pills." He listens and talks with patients and is very interested in hearing about the experience of his patients.

June 24th, 2016

Mommy makeover, 48 years old

Dr. Metzinger performed an abdominoplasty and breast augmentation on me. The results are beautiful. The implant size and type that he recommended gave me beautiful natural looking breasts that are perfect for my frame. They are exactly as he said they would be. The incision for my tummy tuck is thin and healing beautifully. I'm not even sure it will be noticeable in a years time. In addition it is placed exactly as he said it would be and is completely hidden by even my skimpiest undergarments. Dr. Metzinger is an extremely talented plastic surgeon. I will use him for any procedures that I choose to do in the future and would recommend him to anyone without reservation.

December 8th, 2015

excellent dr. went above and beyond. advised me against a more costly surgery as he was more interested in results than a larger bill

July 2nd, 2015

Great surgeon recommend him to my family and friends in the Greater New Orleans area!

February 12th, 2014

Most amazing Dr.

I first saw Dr. Metzinger in 1999, back when he was at LSU. I had a tumor above my right eyebrow that had been removed 7 times by another surgeon. I was told by another plastic surgeon that Dr Metzinger was the Dr I needed and the only one in the state who could help me. I saw him for months before we could win the battle with my insurance (they wanted to deny coverage saying it was a birth defect) Dr. Metzinger was there for me and my family, he won that battle with my insuance and performed an eight hour surgery on me, which included removing a nasty tumor, rebuilding my right forehead, evening out my eyebrows and removing excess skin. I live 3 hours away from his office, made many trips and would do it again in a heart beat. I suffered from migraines, he introduced me to botox injections which kept migraines away better then any script I had ever taken. He also performed a sinus surgery on me. Dr. Metzinger is by far the best plastic surgeon, not only a surgeon but a very compassionate Dr who I considered to be a friend by the time I was released from his care. Five years ago at the age on 32 and pregnant for my one and only son, I found myself having horrible headaches and I could feel the shape of my head was changing by my eyebrow. My obgyn was very concerned and called Dr Metzinger to discuss my past issues, he took the time to direct my OBGYN on where to send me if something should happen and gave his suggestions on my care (me and my son may not be here today if it weren't for Dr. Metzinger taking time out of his schedule to speak with my dr. I ended up waking up one morning with the worst headache of my life and my son wasn't moving much, one look at me and an hour on a fetal monitor and we were in a surgery room with two Drs and 2 anesthesiologist who were very nervous. my son was born a little early and tiny but healthy and two days after my section my headachs were gone. (had he not informed my obgyn of my condition, i very well could have hemoraged had I pushed through a vaginal delivery) The last time I saw Dr Metzinger was when my son was two weeks old and I don't think I ever could thank him enough for all he's done for me. Though I know he doesn't focus on the type of surgery he performed on me anymore, I wouldn't let any other plastic surgeon work on me or my son. He is the ONLY plastic surgeon I'd ever allow to work on my face

February 10th, 2014

Artist with skin

Dr. Metzinger corrected the job of previous surgeons for me. Do yourself a favor and go to him first. It will save you pain and expense of a redo. He is careful and will be honest with you about expectations. That sounds like something that you would expect from any surgeon, buy you would be shocked how few provide that level of care. He is more interested in a great result than just getting a sale.

November 21st, 2012

Outstanding Physician

When the time came for me to place my face in the hands of a plastic surgeon, I knew who to call. Dr. Metzinger and his staff are professional, caring, attentive. I brought Dr. Metzinger a photo of myself from 22 years ago and asked him to 'make me look like I did back then'. He did SUCH an amazing job that NO one can notice a difference unless they closely scrutinize my face. Then their comments are - "you look wonderful, your face is glowing, your neck looks like that of a 19 year old". I HIGHLY recommend a consultation with Dr. Stephen Metzinger!

June 14th, 2012

AMAZING DR!!

I would 150% recommend Dr Metzinger! I had breast aug/lift &minor lipo under the arm pit. We spoke for about 20 min and he was wonderful he took his time explaining to me & didnt make me feel like just another patient. His nurse Norma and everyone on his staff are such amazing friendly. Norma called me everyday after surgery to check on me. He is in my opinion the BEST PLASTIC SURGEON!! He put all my general concerns at ease and I felt very confident with him. After seeing 4 other drs before him I was almost to the point of not wanting the surgery. I am 28 and every dr I had seen before him told me the only lift that could be done was a vertical lift for the type of appearance i desired, which would leave me with a rather large scar. When I told him my issue about the lift he did a circumareola lift so I wouldnt have a big scar. He took the time to give me exactly what I wanted! I particularly love how Dr Metzinger likes to check your progress after surgery as well. I have a weekly follow ups so he can make sure everything is going good with my recovery! My breast look unbelieveable and are PERFECT!! Anyone looking for breast aug should DEF go see him!!! :)

February 22nd, 2011

Great Plastic Surgeon!

Had revision nasal surgery. Now I can breath and look great! Wish I knew about him before my first surgery!

October 27th, 2010

Best Doctor Around!!!

Wonderful experience love my work!! very professional and i would recommend him to anyone in need of any type of work!

March 14th, 2009

Dr. Metzinger does beautiful work and has a wonderful bedside manner. I highly recommend him.

March 6th, 2009