Dr. Stephen Mikulak MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

August 11th, 2016
A Dedicated Doctor
He is an excellent physician. The nature of his practice is that he gets emergencies. On occasion I've had lengthy waits for appointments at times but when I consider that the emergency could have been for me I realize the level of care he puts into his patients. I like it that he is decisive when I'm in a position where I'm having difficulty making a decision. He is a good man with a good staff. I've had terrific outcomes from his work.

November 1st, 2015
Yes to a second round!
Has my right hip replaced two years ago and now will choose him again for my left hip. Excellent follow up, accurate diagnosis and a caring staff.

December 19th, 2014
Dr. Mikulak and his staff, nurses, and especially his assistant Mr. Mike Walker are all angels! This is how I felt like in the surgery room: "surrounded by angels"! Dr. Mikulak is very confident, knowledgeable, caring, and kind! His calm and confident demenour projects onto his patients as soon as he walks in!

June 1st, 2014
Excellent
I had both knees replaced 4 weeks apart in 2012. The recovery time was speedy and the knees are performing wonderfully(20 months later). The physician gave an accurate and honest diagnosis with no pressure. Additionally, I have much less scarring than most total knee replacement recipients. I highly recommend Dr Mikulak.

July 18th, 2013
Husband's Hip Replacement
My husband, Massimo had 16 months total hip replacement done by Dr. Stephan Mikulak- Excellent surgeon, Massimo is not an easy patient, however he is very please with the results, doctor's promptness, accurate diagnosis, manners, professionals and very courteous staff, with Mr. Mike the assistant. Thank you for making my husband running!!!

July 8th, 2013
So Glad I Found Him!
Had hip replacement surgery. Dr. M was the second Dr. That I went to for a consultation. The 1st Dr. was a total hack! Dr. M was knowledgable, explained everything completely and I had a great recovery with NO PAIN! And a very tiny scar! I was up and playing golf within 2 mos! Followup continues to be great. I have referred many friends to Dr M and they have been just as pleased.

June 4th, 2011
No Walker No Cane No Pain?
Day 15. Walked 1.6 miles without assistance. Dr.Mikulak's PA and the entire team were always responsive to any needs and questions. I never had pain above a 2 out of 5 level.Thank You Dr.Mikulak and your awesome team of professionals

April 29th, 2010
Unprofessional behavior when quesitioned about my problem he created.
I would not recommend him and after I went for my hip replacement (and ended up with a fractured femur as well, despite good bone density) the people that had told me he "was good" were not as surprised of my experience. I wish they had been more honest in their recommendation.

September 18th, 2009
Amazing Results
I have had both knees replaced by Dr. Mikulak. The results are truly amazing. His minimally invasive surgery meant that my recover/rehab process has been literally pain free. I haven't needed anything stronger than extra strength Tylenol!! I'm walking without pain for the first time in over 6 years. Only two days in the hospital, no blood transfusions.

June 10th, 2009
Two knee replacements
recovery was very quick.

June 6th, 2009
Joint Surgery-Knee
The procedure that Dr. Mikulak does when replacing knees is much less invasive. He cuts down the inside of the leg instead of the top which means he doesn't cut through the muscle which mean quicker and easier recovery. The incision is sewn from the inside so it's a small then line that eventually (almost) disappears. I've had two knees replaced and cannot be happier with the entire experience. He did it at Hoag Hospital, with is the best in EVERYTHING anyway, but Mikulak and his staff are true professionals, and that is echoed by other doctors and staff at the hospital. He has a good name in the rehab community too. I hear how lucky I am from Physical Therapists, other patients and medical providers that don't even know him. Several people look at my scar and my quick recovery and say to me "i wish i would have gone to your doctor". All I can say is, I'm glad I did my research before and went to him for surgery. Don't think twice, go to Mikulak!!!

April 19th, 2009
Not Going Back
Too much cortisone - too many side affects - didn't fix the problem -way too expensive - went somewhere else