A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Murphy:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Stephen Murphy is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Murphy, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Congenital Hip Dysplasia
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Hip Surgery Hip Replacement Arthroplasty
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Diseases
- Knee Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Osteoarthritis Hand and Wrist
Education & Awards
Dr. Murphy graduated from Cornell University, New York. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Murphy has 4 hospital affiliations:
- New England Baptist Hospital
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Murphy accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Tufts Health Plans - 6 plans
- United Healthcare - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 11 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Network Health - 2 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Stephen B. Murphy practice?
Dr. Stephen Murphy practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Surgery near Boston, MA.
Additional practice locations include: Worcester, MA.
See Boston Surgeons.