A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Murphy:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Stephen Murphy is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Murphy
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Murphy Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Murphy, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Congenital Hip Dysplasia
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Joint Diseases
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Murphy graduated from Cornell University, New York. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Murphy has 4 hospital affiliations:
- New England Baptist Hospital
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Stephen Barry Murphy MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 29 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Stephen B. Murphy practice?
- Dr. Stephen Murphy has 3 office locations.
Dr. Stephen Murphy practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Boston, MA.
Additional practice locations include: Worcester, MA.
See Boston Orthopedic Surgeons.