Dr. Stephen Nychay MD Patient Reviews

Mohs Surgery
Highly recommend!

July 9th, 2015
Put My Mind At Ease
I made an appointment with Dr. Nychay after noticing an abnormal growth on my elbow. I went in nervous, but Dr. Nychay and his staff put me at ease from the initial consultation through the biopsy. He is a true professional that addressed all of my concerns. Many times, doctors make you feel like just another insurance dollar in their pocket. This was not the case with Dr. Nychay. He made it certain that I understood that he and his team cared about my well being.

June 13th, 2015
not impressed
I had an appointment with Dr Nycay recently. I found him to be dismissive and not a good listener. Perhaps he is a good surgeon. But I was uncomfortable enough with his demeanor that I would not go back. My foot surgeon saw a spot that looked suspicious and removed it. He then referred me to Dr. Nychay for further treatment because the biopsy report was inconclusive. Dr. Nychay quoted the report and asked if the foot surgeon removed the entirety of darkened spot. I responded that I was unsure. He said "well, do you see any pigmentation left?" I said "I see a wound healing." Not being a trained doctor, I do not know how to interpret the area. In a further discussion about another different growing dark spot he corrected my vocabulary, and at this point I was finding him imperious and bordering on rude. I will go to a different dermatologist for any further treatment.

March 17th, 2015
Dr. Stephen Nychay is an experienced and caring doctor. He calls his patients after the procedure to inquire about the state of health. I shall always recommend Dr. Nychay

February 23rd, 2015
Do not go to him
Do not use this doctor. He is terrible. He ruined my face when he put in stitches after removing a small basal cell. I have a huge deep crooked scar. He also did not give me enough lidocaine when doing the stitches. I felt unbelievable pain which he told me was pressure, it was not, it was pain. I felt the burning from the cauterizer the needle from all the stitches being pulled through, a metal clamp that was used on my face to hold skin. I felt terrible traumatizing pain. I went to a plastic surgeon to get an opinion on scar and was told it looked awful, who did this, he left stitches in way too long (14 days) and used stitches too big for the face which left huge track marks and holes. Not to mention my scar is crooked and was supposed to be a straight line. Do not ever go to this man. He terrified me so much and made me feel so much pain I had another doctor remove the stitches. I was too scared to even go back to him. I wish I knew sooner that stitches on the face are not supposed to be in longer than a week. He is a horrible doctor.

December 8th, 2011
about dr. nychay
the very best....look no further....and very nice also!