A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Obstbaum:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Stephen Obstbaum is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Obstbaum
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Obstbaum Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Obstbaum, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- Eye Diseases
- Glaucoma Surgery (Trabeculectomy)
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Near Sightedness (Myopia)
- Open-Angle Glaucoma
- Postcataract Aphakia
- Radial Keratotomy (Refractive Surgical Procedure for Myopia)
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
- Vision Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Obstbaum graduated from New York Medical College, Valhalla. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Obstbaum has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- Mt Sinai Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Stephen Allen Obstbaum MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 45 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Stephen A. Obstbaum practice?
- Dr. Stephen Obstbaum has 1 office location.
Dr. Stephen Obstbaum practices Ophthalmology near New York, NY.
See New York Ophthalmologists.