A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Obstbaum:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Stephen Obstbaum is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Obstbaum, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
He has special expertise in 15 Areas, including Astigmatism, Cataract, and Cataract Surgery.12 more special expertise areas
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Obstbaum graduated from New York Medical College, Valhalla. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Obstbaum has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- Mt Sinai Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Obstbaum accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 3 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 36 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 2 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Stephen A. Obstbaum practice?
Dr. Stephen Obstbaum practices Ophthalmology near New York, NY.
See New York Ophthalmologists.