Surgeon
1810 Mulkey Rd
Ste 105
Austell, GA 30106
770-944-0686
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  show details
Jan 27th, 2014

My mother needed laparoscopic gall bladder surgery. Her doctor told her due to her health she would spend at least 48 hours at the hospital. She consulted w/ Dr. Odom and was told it was an out patient surgery and he would schedule her for 10 am and she'd be home by 5pm. The week prior to her surgery Dr Odom was out of town, my mother went to her pre-op appt and was told her surgery was at 4 pm. She went into the surgery center today and due to a prior surgery's complications hers was postponed until 7pm. After surgery Dr. Odom spent less than 30 seconds with my mother and then after being told twice that she had no more pain meds at home told the nurses she already had medication. So my mother was sent home with nothing. Overall we are very dissatisfied with the experience. Now I will have to miss a second day of work to bring her to his office to get a prescription as well as pay for parking.

|  Thanks  |  show details
Oct 20th, 2010

Dr. Odom has great bedside manner and takes his time explaining the procedure to you. The staff at the hospital the day of my surgery told me that I picked the best surgeon at that hospital because he is so nice. I was very impressed, my surgery healed well and better than expected. I would reccommend him to anyone in the Atlanta metro area.

|  CARING AND SKILLED  |  show details
by Marie Graves on Jun 25th, 2010

Dr. Odom I came to your office after not having a good experience with my first surgical referral. Initially I was to see your partner Dr. Griffith, but was delayed at the hospital and could not make appointment. I saw your female parner & she stated she would be having you assist her. Well, she had a baby. When I finally decided to have my surgery (a permanent ostomy which I did not want) you did my surgery, assisted by Dr. Griffith. Dr. Griffith said I didn't end up with the drains and did better than expected. When I left the hospital after surgery I had to be brought back and was dehyrated and unable to stand. However, your newest staff member, Dr. Taylor, responded immediately and took care of me. He treated me as if I was Oprah. I thank GOD THAT HE PUT ME WITH YOU AND FOR THE SKILLS HE GAVE YOU. I WANT TO EXPRESS MY SINCERE THANKS FOR EVERYTHING YOU DID TO HELP ME. I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU. GOD BLESS YOU, YOUR FAMILY, YOUR PRACTICE, AND YOUR STAFF.

|  Removal of Parathyroid Gland  |  show details
May 20th, 2010

Dr. Stephen Odom is very knowledgeable and is an excellent surgeon. He made sure I knew what my surgery would entail. Answered every question I had. Very caring. The incision is not noticeable at all. Perfect!! If I did not know I had surgery, I certainly couldn't tell by looking at the incision. When I went to the hospital for pre-admission, the hospital staff spoke very highly of him. If I ever need surgery again -- I will definitely seek the services of Dr. Odom. His staff members are very professional as well.

|  show details
by B. Franklin on Dec 30th, 2009

I found Doctor ODom to be very nice. He made me very comfortable. If I have it to do all over again I wouldn't have anyother Doctor.