Dr. Stephen Ofori-Kwakye MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 22nd, 2016
RUN away from this doctor!!!!
I gave one star because I HAD to. Dr Ofori is a horrible doctor!! Do NOT let him do surgery!! RUN as fast as you can away from him!! My husband received permanent esophagus nerve damage from a neck fusion surgery.

April 7th, 2016
I've had multiple spine surgeries since 2004, all 5 performed by Dr. Ofori. He & his staff are the best. I would always recommend him. He is extremely capable in all areas of spine surgeries.

November 23rd, 2015
Very condescending. Rude. Didn't seem to care at all about me or my medical condition. Very upsetting.

October 29th, 2015
RUN AWAY FROM THIS DR
RUN as FAST as you can AWAY from Dr Ofori!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He caused nerve damage in my husband during a neck fusion surgery. He had speech problems and continues with swallowing problems 4 years post surgery!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 26th, 2015
RUN as FAST as you can AWAY from Dr Ofori!
He did a neck fusion on my husband and he has permanent nerve damage in his esophagus resulting in swallowing problems for life! I know of 4 other people he has messed up their lives too!!!

February 18th, 2014
Do not let Dr Stephen Ofori do surgery on you !
Dr. Stephen Ofori plated and fused my neck in Sacramento California in 1999 and after 1 follow up visit he left. I have had severe chronic pain since the surgery he has never had any contact with me and I had no idea where he was until I found this site. He completely abandon me and left me in pain. I WOULD NOT LET HIM TOUCH MY DOG !

February 10th, 2012
Great!
Dr. Ofori was wonderful, he looked at my MRI and immediately saw my problem. He had no problem prescribing the meds I needed and gave me good advice!

April 12th, 2011
Called office and told them something was wrong and that I was in exteme pain. Office blew me off said wait til my 4 week follow up visit. WELL LOW AND BEHOLD BOTH DISK HE DID SURGERY ON HAD RE-HERNIATED AND NERVE ROOT DAMAGE.

December 30th, 2010
Dr Ofori is wonderful!
Dr Ofori is the right man for the job! No need to waste your time and health w/any other doctor! He is kind, knowledgeable and makes you feel like you are the only patient that exists when you are w/him. He explains everything in great detail and makes you feel safe. And his staff is amazing also.

August 27th, 2010
fusions at 29
I recived a fusion 3 days after seing DR. I was told I would run again its now been 4 years and 3 surgeries later with bladder pacmaker and spinal cord stimulator and still dealing with pain and problems from fusion. Bladder pacemaker and stimulator implants are wonderful and help with some of the problem. But I suffer cronic extream pain. I would recomend a good pain regament before ever doing a fusion especaly at 29. They do disk replacement all over the country even as close as whichata falls. I would try that if you wish to be active. Please ask around about DR'S BEFORE SURGERY to some of there previous PT not just on the web I resecheced the web and it did me no good.

July 21st, 2010
Dr. Ofori has helped me for 10 years. He has done a great job!