A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Olmsted:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Stephen Olmsted is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Olmsted
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Olmsted Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Olmsted, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Olmsted graduated from University of Minnesota at Duluth. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Olmsted has 4 hospital affiliations:
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview
- Fairview Ridges Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Stephen L Olmsted MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 20 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand.
- Where does Dr. Stephen L. Olmsted practice?
- Dr. Stephen Olmsted has 2 office locations.
Dr. Stephen Olmsted practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand near Burnsville, MN.
Additional practice locations include: Edina, MN.
See Burnsville Surgeons and Burnsville Orthopedic Surgeons.