A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Olmsted:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Stephen Olmsted is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Olmsted
Osteoporosis Patient Education Learn about osteoporosis and ways to prevent bone density loss, as well as uncontrollable risks.Before Visiting Dr. Olmsted Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Olmsted, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Olmsted graduated from University of Minnesota at Duluth. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Olmsted has 10 hospital affiliations:
- St Francis Regional Medical Center
- Fairview Southdale Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Stephen L Olmsted MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 20 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand.
- Where does Dr. Stephen L. Olmsted practice?
- Dr. Stephen Olmsted has 12 office locations.
Dr. Stephen Olmsted practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand near Burnsville, MN.
Additional practice locations include: Eden Prairie, MN and Chaska, MN.
See Burnsville Orthopedic Surgeons and Burnsville Surgeons.