Dr. Stephen Orlin MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Philadelphia, PA

• Good
  • Bad

July 29th, 2014
I had a disease of my corneas from the times I was 18. It was not picked up until my twenties. I saw many doctors one doctor going to do a corneal transplant however he passed away. I saw another doctor when I mentioned the transplant he showed me a patient you had a milky white eye. I was scared to death the only thing I could do was wear contact lenses and I would get many infections in my eye. I contacted three different doctors and was told by two to make an appointment. When I contacted Dr Orlin I was told he was in surgery and would call me back. He did and spoke to me for almost a half hour and explained everything to me. I decided he was the doctor I was going to see. he performed 2 corneal transplants in 1991 in 1992. I am now 66 years old and just had cataract surgery in my left eye. I would not trust any other doctor but him. He is knowledgeable takes the time to explain. I have referred family members to him.

August 30th, 2011
He is quiet and focused. He answers questions. If it were not for his expertise I would not be able to see. I have a degenerative eye disease and his care has enabled me to get the best vision possible. I actually tried Johns Hopkins, which conducted all the research into the disease I have but they were not able to correct my vision, only Dr Orlin and his staff have been successful.

March 25th, 2011
maybe he was having a bad day?
I would not recommend going to Dr. Orlin to anyone. His bedside manner is terrible, he was very rude to me and seemed to not believe what I was telling him about my vision.I liked that he was thorough, doing an almost complete check up when I only went in for a cornea topography. That said, his attitude made me almost walk out mid-exam. I was deeply offended and hope that he was just having a bad day. Unfortunately, I'm left with no clue what's wrong with my vision and he had no plan for diagnosing it.

February 21st, 2017