Dr. Stephen Osborn Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stephen Osborn?

September 28th, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Osborn's for over 25 years, and have always left his office knowing I had his full attention and best care. The few times I have had to see super specialists, he found me the best of the best, even in another state. I have seen physicians in the "big box" medical offices and much prefer the one on one attention you get at Dr. Osborn's office. If you need an orthopedist and want both a great doctor and individualized care, I highly recommend Dr. Stephen Osborn.

December 14th, 2015

Knows what he is doing. Easy to see.

August 7th, 2015

Health Care Worker (Microbiologist)

Besides having great results from my two surgeries, I was most impressed by Dr. Osborn's attention to detail. He is meticulous in all aspects of your treatment and recovery.

May 19th, 2015

Meticulous and knowledgeable

Spends ample time with patients. You never feel rushed. Great doctor. Highly recommend. Nice person.

October 9th, 2014

Excellent Doctor for very unusual patient

Dr. Osborn has taken the time to consult with VA doctors about my particular issues. I've never had a doctor who went to the experts to get more information about my situation. Truly unusual.

August 1st, 2014

Great doc, not just for sports injuries

I saw Dr. Osborn for a shoulder injury. Unlike a lot of his patients, this was not sports related but a house cleaning injury! I hurt my shoulder scrubbing the shower over 2 years ago. I ignored it for the most part, and at one point saw a different orthopedist. The other doc did a 5 minute exam and said I could have an x-ray if I wanted to. Since he didn't think the x-ray would show anything I decided to pass. Nothing more was done but the pain never left. I finally saw Dr. Osborn and after a 40+ minute exam, lots of questions and physical tests, he sent me for x-rays (4 images.) The results showed a bone spur but were inconclusive. I then had an MRI which showed 2 bones spurs which pinch when my shoulder rolls forward, a great deal of inflammation, arthritis and bursitis. Dr. Osborn was amazed that I am not a volleyball or basketball player because you don't expect this level of severity from cleaning your house. I am undergoing treatment and thus far have avoided surgery. Not only do I physically feel better, but mentally I don't feel insane regarding this consistent pain. As much as I did not like hearing the list of things wrong with my shoulder, it did validate the fact that something really was wrong. I'm glad he was not dismissive like my previous doctor.

July 24th, 2013

I never write reviews, but I was prompted to by this very negative experience. The worst doctors visit of my life. I am a competitive runner and went to see him about hip pain having been recommended by someone I know. He spent the first ten minutes after he walked in the door talking about how much he hated my college (I was wearing a college running shirt) when he went there for a medical conference. It's located in a small, relatively poor town and it seemed that his economic situation made him superior to the locals. In terms of my injury, he interrupted me multiple times (once or twice so that he could return to how much he hated my college) while I was trying to explain how/what I was feeling. When I used the word "piriformis" he insulted my intelligence and told me that I should stop trying to use google to diagnose myself. Piriformis is a relatively common running related muscle. Ultimately, he told me he didn't know what was wrong with me and ordered and MRI. I will not be going back. I do not advise giving this man your business.

October 20th, 2011

Great Surgeon, Spends Time to Understand Problem

After getting terse responses from the doctor at Palo Alto Medical Foundation for my shoulder issue I asked my chiropractor for a recommendation. He'd had several of his patients who had great results with Dr. Osborn. I easily made an appointment and had the longest interview for my symptoms. It was great. He doesn't believe in churning out patients but it does lead him to run late sometimes so if you have the time, he's the guy.He performed my surgery well and I am at home recovering while still under his care. He tracks his patients all the way through physical therapy as well, wants to make sure the whole recovery happens.He is super detailed.

October 11th, 2011

I came to Dr Osborn with a hurt knee based on a friend's referral and I've stayed with him for two knee surgeries (both knees), and will continue to see him for any future problems. Dr Osborn spends time with his patients, properly evaluating them and looking at their past history. It's the first time in a doctor's office that I haven't felt like I was at a Jiffy Lube.I've referred friends to him and hope he continues to practice here for as long as I'm trying to hurt myself.

September 27th, 2011

Best Orthopedic Care Around

Dr. Osborn combines an old-fashioned work ethic with cutting edge information and technology. Where else can you find someone who will spend 40 minutes educating you about your injury and how to care for it? Of our family of five, 4 of us have needed Dr. Osborn's expertise. With an outstanding manner and complete professional care, we are so lucky to have someone like him in our area doing this important work.

August 4th, 2011

Four knee operations and one shoulder operation in the past 16 years.Dr. Osborn is my go to guy for orthopedic problems.His advice for post-surgery rehab and on-going maintenance isdirect and has been highly effective for me. I'm 62 and still "in the game" thanks in large part to Dr. Osborn.

August 2nd, 2011

Understands & Adjusts for The Individual

I am 69yrs old and a former powerlifting competitor, which probably contributed to osteoarthritis in one shoulder. Dr. Osborn took considerable time to locate a surgeon who could give me the best chance to continue weight training, my preferred way to stay physically (and psychologically!) healthy. He understood why I wanted to continue weight training, and offer very constructive suggestions about how to do that to assist my rehab, regain strength and conditioning without damaging my "new" shoulder or damaging my good one. I really appreciate the personal attention and understanding and sensitivity he displayed with respect to my personal background, circumstances, goals and mind set. Oh...and the fact that Dr. Osborn referred me to the surgeon arguably best qualified in the entire U.S. to correct my condition speaks reams about his professional integrity.