Surgical Specialist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  show details
by Tim on Apr 30th, 2014

Dr. Lester performed my emergency surgery for diverticulitis with acute peritonitis (ruptured colon). I am 4 weeks post op now, dealing with the healing process as well as a colostomy that I will wear for at least 7 months until I go back into surgery to reverse the whole process. I feel like I lucked out with Dr Lester. Not only is he super competent, but his bedside manner is superb. He never ends a conversation until he feels like I have asked all my questions and understood the answers. He has continuously set expectations that are realistic and helped me to understand and deal with the challenge of recovery. This guy knows what he is doing, has a gentle touch, and is truly empathetic. It was the luck of the draw to have him on call when I arrived at the ER.

|  You get what you pay for  |  show details
Sep 27th, 2011

I am no virgin when it comes to surgery and have been around good and not so nice Doctors. Dr. Lester is a friendly Dr. with great bedside manners. He removed a cyst from my chest wall as I was having a c-section. He was great working with other surgeons and quickly removed the cyst, stitched it up nicely. He checked on me twice before I left the hospital. I am now having a hernia repaired by Dr. Lester. I would recommend him.

|  show details
Sep 1st, 2011

I would not recommend this doctor to anyone! He is arrogant and nontrustworthy. I brought my son to the E.R. with stomach pains which turned out to be accute appendicitis - he was the surgeon on call. Because of his carelessness in the operating room my son suffered needlessly in and out of the hospital for weeks. A second emergency surgery was needed one week after the first to remove large hematomas. My son had pain, nausea and vomiting for weeks and lost 30lbs & several weeks of school...It was a nitemare!