A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Pappas:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Stephen Pappas, Ophthalmologist, Internist, Surgeon is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Pappas, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Laser Surgery
- Macular Degeneration
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Detachment
- Retinal Disorders
- Retinal Perforations
Education & Awards
Dr. Pappas graduated from George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington, Dist.Columbia, 1989.
Dr. Pappas has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Shady Grove Adventist Hosp
- Suburban Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Stephen S Pappas MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 22 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Stephen S. Pappas practice?
- Dr. Stephen Pappas has 1 office location.
Dr. Stephen Pappas practices Ophthalmology near Bethesda, MD.
See Bethesda Ophthalmologists.