A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Pflugfelder:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Stephen Pflugfelder is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Pflugfelder, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 17 areas:
- Bacterial Eye Infections
- Conjunctival Diseases
- Cornea Transplant (Penetrating Keratoplasty)
- Corneal Diseases
- Corneal Transplantation
- Corneal Ulcer
- Eye Diseases
- Eye Injuries
- Eyelid Diseases
- Fungal eye infections
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Penetrating Eye Injuries
- Viral Eye Infections
- Yeast Infection (Candidiasis)
Education & Awards
Dr. Pflugfelder graduated from Upstate Medical University Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Syracuse. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Pflugfelder has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Ben Taub General Hospital
- St Luke's Episcopal Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Pflugfelder accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 1 plan
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
- Cigna - 14 plans
- Humana - 15 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 3 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Stephen C. Pflugfelder practice?
Dr. Stephen Pflugfelder practices Ophthalmology near Houston, TX.
See Houston Ophthalmologists.