Dr. Stephen Popkin Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stephen Popkin?

If you are looking to help yourself, then go to Goodwill Industires as this is their slogan! This doctor is a monster! He over medicated me for 13 years, and now I have a spinal injury in two place as a result, and live in unbearable pain. He also encouraged me to stay in my abusive marriage for as long as I did, while he happily collected my co-pays every 2 weeks for 13 years for the wrong diagnosis. I am homeless now. I strongly urge you to stay away from this abusive psyiaitrist! I am survivor with no legal recourse after the fact. His own transference issues has cost me 17 years of not d thriving or being employed. He did not discuss what would best help me ever! He gladly medical and financial advanage of me and the BOARD (DORA) dismissed it. Be causreful for what you ask for - you can never ask for too much! This doc is a manipulator. Elizabeth Boscia

Posted on March 11th, 2017

Posted on April 5th, 2016

He should stick to Male clientele. Female clients aren't his expertise

Recommend

Posted on July 29th, 2013

Dr. Popkin has helped get back to my normal self, which is really difficult being bipolar. I have seen numerous doctors been prescribed every medicine out there but finally I found Dr. Popkin! In just about 6 months he got my medicines stabilized. I am more alert and have even lost weight! I feel like my old self again : )

Was originally good, but has gone downhill.

Posted on June 19th, 2013

With the exception of Kelly who reminds you of your appointments, he has extremely rude staff. In addition, he has become chronically late to appointments. He's aware of the problems with his staff and his scheduling but has not resolved either. He's also not up-to-date on side effects of medication and I've had to do my own research to prove that what I'm feeling is valid..only to have him tell me about the side effects in the next session! If you have a good idea what you need, he's always willing to write a scrip. If you need an actual in-depth analysis, he's not going to be helpful.

So this is what

Posted on November 8th, 2012

I went to Dr Popkin to "tweak" my meds. I haven't felt this WONDERFUL in YEARS. So this is what "normal" feels like!

Posted on June 2nd, 2012

Overall the best Psychiatrist I have ever used. Early morning appointments available. Wait time is minimal if any. Does not waste your time with needless appointments. Does not let you do all the talking-Sessions can be as interactive as you want then to be. I look forward to my visits.

Thorough, Knowledgeable and Compassionate

Posted on February 24th, 2010

Dr. Popkin is an extremely caring and knowledgeable psychiatrist. He is attentive, listening to what you have to say while still asking questions, and he is very sensitive to the complexities of treating psychiatric disorders. For example, he resepects patients' preferences and concerns when prescribing medications. He responds to phone messages in a timely and friendly manner - you never feel as though he is rushing you or brushing you off. I have an extremely difficukt to treat mood disorder, and Dr. Popkin has worked tirelessly with me, trying innumerable drug therapies, recommending second opinions, and alternative therapies. He takes the time to address what's going on in your life, instead of just handing you a prescription and sending you out the door. Also, though his staff are not on the premises, they go above and beyond in addressing your needs. Finally, the doctors on call that I've spoken with who work with Dr. Popkin seem (in my limited contact with them) to be absolutely on par with all of his standards of care. I went to four mental health professionals before settling on Dr. Popkin, and it was one of the best choices I have made for medical care.

I am very pleased with my care from Dr. Popkin

Posted on August 2nd, 2009

When I first called to schedule a psychiatric assessment, I was set for an appt within 10 days, which for psych is pretty good. Dr. Popkin was prompt and on time for our appt; I waited a couple minutes when I got there - nothing major. He does not have an on site office staff, but when I have called the office staff they have been helpful and courteous. I was pretty sure of my diagnosis going in, and Dr. Popkin listened to me attentively and asked a good amount of additional questions, did a psych and meds history, and administered some specific screenings. When I began medications, and experienced some pretty significant side effects, Dr. Popkin responded to me consistently and in a timely manner with compassion and encouragement. He has suggested reading material to me and has given me information resources so I can better educate myself on managing my condition. He has made time for me to drop by on extremely short notice, to quickly address a medication issue or a symptom, which I very much appreciated. He certainly did not charge me. I paid $280 for my initial evaluation - this is not an unusual or unreasonable rate for psychiatry. Of course no one is perfect - my one complaint about Dr. Popkin is that I feel it took him too long to complete my FMLA paperwork for my employer (I am still working full time, though - my condition is well-managed). I find Dr. Popkin personable and easy to talk to. I appreciate that he is supportive of my choices regarding meds - I've said yes to some and no to others. I would recommend Dr. Popkin as a psychiatrist. NOTE: I went in as a self-pay, but he does take some insurances. Dr. Popkin was recommended to me by an excellent Psychologist who I know through work. I myself also work professionally in the mental health field and I am pretty well-educated in mental health issues and treatment.

money Grubbing Doctore

Posted on July 24th, 2009

This mans rates are outrageous! All he wants is your money and is clueless on how to treat you.

Posted on June 21st, 2016