Dr. Stephen Povoski MD Patient Reviews

3.9
  • 18 reviews

October 28th, 2015
I found him to be direct and to the point. On one occasion I found him to be a little gruff with me..But was it really him or just the fact that I was overly sensitive and worried..I expressed my concern to his Nurse..When he came in he said, Im sorry if you were upset..But I only want what is best for you..As for my surgery I believe that he was great...I will continue with him and would highly recommend him to anyone..His staff is fabulous.

April 15th, 2015
He was my mother's surgeon. Love him! He even helped the nurse with IV before surgery.

March 30th, 2015
Dr Stephen Povoski , at the Stephanie Spillman Center, at Ohio State University due to his Perserverance and Insistance the radiologist do the biopsy in site #2 which the radiologist didn't feel was necessary. The cancer was in site #2. If it wasn't for Dr Povoski I would have died. I love this man for saving my life,. Life might be not so good right now due to side effects of chemo, I am still alive due to God giving this man the talent.

February 18th, 2015
Bedside manner is terrible for a patient being tested for cancer. He made me feel like a bother more than a patient who had questions. He did not show me any respect as a woman or a patient.

February 2nd, 2015
I have complete trust and faith in Dr. Povoski. He did my surgery and did an excellent job.

August 4th, 2014
Helped save my life
I have been going to Dr.Povoski since 2006 when they discovered I had stage 3 lobular breast cancer. He diagnosed it and did my surgery working in partnership with my oncologist on all my treatments. And still does my check ups to make sure things are still good. He can be a little aloof as I've found most surgeons to be but I think he does a great job and that's what's important.

October 20th, 2013
Stephen Povoski is a horrible physician and a terrible person! He is never should have been admitted to medical school let alone be in the position he is in. I have a curved spine. It is basic medicine 101. Something Povoski should have seen before and know what it is and also know it has nothing to do with breast cancer. Apparently not, because Povoski looking right at my spine asked me if I have scoliosis, curvature of the spine. What an idiot! This physician who teaches in OSU's medical school and does research for the government cant't tell the difference between a straight spine and a curved one. What else can't he tell the difference of? That is pretty scary! Did we miss that day in preschool Povoski where we went over curved and straight and he still can't figure it out. He completely disqualified himself as a physician with that question. The tone in his voice when he asked was completely unacceptable as well. Clearly he had not seen this before and he was surprised and didn't know what to make of it. A physician at his level should be better than that. That is the mind set of high school bullies not an OSU physician. He completely offended me but instead of apologizing he cops an attitude with me and acts like he was the one offended. That is unacceptable behavior from a person at his level. This condition is horrible. I wake up every morning wishing I had never been born. I would think that a physician at OSU would know what it is and know to treat me respectively.

October 31st, 2011
Expert Surgeon
Dr Povoski did a great job making sure I was making my care decisions. His attention to detail the day of my surgery and while in the hospital made a bad experience better.

September 23rd, 2011
Dr Povoski is a brilliant breast oncology surgeon with unbelievable skills and knowledge. He is kind, caring, and efficient in his practice. He allows sufficient time for questions and responds appropriately. I have recommended friends, family, and acquaintances without hesitation!

May 1st, 2011
Stephen Povoski is a disgrace to his profession and The Ohio State University and I would advise every women to avoid him. I had an appointment with him back in 2007 to discuss my risk of breast cancer. I have a physical condition that I do not accept and cannot deal with. It has nothing to do with my risk of breast cancer therefore it was none of his business. One of the first things out of his mouth was Do you have xyz? as if I some freak of nature. The way he asked me was as if he was shocked to see this. I told him that it has nothing to do with why I was there and is none of his business. Apparently he had never been told that before because his mouth just dropped and then he utters a snotty OK. That set me off. I had my finger in his face telling him to knock it off with the attitude with me. He should have stepped away from me and apologized but no he acted like he was the one offended. A physician of his status should know what my condition is called and should also know that it has nothing to do with my risk of breast cancer. He needs to learn that is the patient who is in charge and not him. James Cancer has comment cards in the exam room and I took one with me and let them know what I thought of him. Someone from James contacted me and I got basically a form letter from Dr. Povoski in regards to my complaint. He still did not apologize to me. If you have a problem with him during your appointment please let customer service know at James. The more people who complain to them about him might get James to do something about him. I dont care how much research money this man brings to OSU he treats patients like crap and does not belong there.

March 22nd, 2011
Dr Povoski is an excellant breast cancer surgeon. Throughtout diagnostics, surgery, and post-surgery, he took time answering all questions and giving me reassurance. My first appointment was unusual. I was in the office 10 hours, but we covered a lot of territory. Mammograms (bilateral breasts), compressions views (numerous), and US. During the day, he would see me between each session and explain what they're seeing and what we're doing next. I left knowing when my MRI and biopsies were scheduled.His care has been impeccable and I will continue to follow-up with him for all mammograms and clinic breast exams.Thank you Dr Povoski for doing what needed to be done to save my life!

December 28th, 2010
hE IS A GREAT SURGEON. MY FIRST APPOINTMENT WITH HIS OFFICE LASTED 4 HOURS--HE DID ANOTHER BIOPSY, WENT OVER STEP BY STEP THE PROCEDURE. HIS OFFICE STAFF IS VERY CARING. I HAD A RADICAL MASTECTOMY WITH LYMPH NODE INVOLVEMENT (32, TO BE EXACT). SURGERY WAS ABOUT 2 HRS. MY SURGERY WAS AT NOON ON MONDAY AND I WAS DISCHARGED AT NOON ON TUES. HE SAW ME AT HIS OFFICE IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING DISCHARGE. I HAD NO PROBLEMS FOLLOWING SURGERY, MINIMAL PAIN, AND HEALED QUICKLY. DR. POVOSKI CAN BE A LITTLE BRUSK, BUT FRANKLY, I CARE MORE ABOUT HIS ABILITY THAN HIS PERSONALITY. AND YES IF THE NEED DOES ARISE, I WILL GO BACK TO HIM.