Dr. Stephen Prepas MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 26th, 2012
Great pediatric ophthalmologist in Newport beach by fashion island! Had an eye emergency he took one look and diagnosed my DD. follow up in a week. In and out within 40 minutes. Also a first time patientFilling out paper work! Thanks doctor prepas You're amazing

October 1st, 2010
Good experience and pleasant office staff
The office staff was very accommodating and Dr. Prepas was very attentive during the exam. Overall a good experience.

August 12th, 2010
Misdiagnosed My 9 Year Old Son & Blew Off Our Concerns
My 9 year old son was diagnosed with pink eye by his doctor, he went on antibiotic drops for 10-14 days and the redness went away for a month. The redness came back, we went back to his Dr and she said it was probably allergies. After a few months of my son having chronic red eyes, I called his Dr. back and she referred us to Dr. Prepas. Dr. Prepas examined my boy and said "it's only allergies and it's nothing to worry about". I know my son, I've taken care of him since he was born and after many months of chronic red eyes, I knew something was wrong. When I explained to Dr. Prepas that this was not allergies, because allergies have good & bad bouts, whereas this was constant & chronic no matter what time of year. He blew off my concerns and kept telling me that it was only allergies. After a few more months of watching my sons eyes getting redder, I called Dr. Prepas back and was told there were a lot of people complaining about allergies, so it's nothing to worry about. At that point I decided to blow off Dr. Prepas because it was obvious his concern for my son's heath, wasn't what I expected from any doctor. I did my research and found Dr. Wright, who's an emminent pediatric eye doctor. Literally 30 seconds after examining my son's eyes, Dr. Wright turned to us and said "your son has Blepharitis, it's a textbook case and it's plain as the nose on your face". Dr. Wright said this was such an obvious case of Blephartitis, that he took photos of my sons eyes, to present at a symposium, that he is speaking at in Phoenix & Anaheim. Dr. Wright said that had we ignored this condition, like Dr. Prepas suggested, there would have been long term and chronic damage to my son's eyes. Not only that but Dr. Prepas didn't even tell us to have my son wear sunglasses when outside, to reduce the chance of further eye damage.I'm so angry at Dr. Prepas for violating the trust that we put in him, for not doing the most elementary tests to determine what was wrong with my son and for dismissing my concerns about my childs eyes. If you're looking for a good doctor, don't waste your time with Dr. Prepas, call Dr. Wright, who has offices in LA and OC off of the 405 & Bristol.

July 27th, 2009
Great Ophthalmologist
My daughter first was seen by Dr. Prepas approximately 23 years ago. She was 8 months old and she is now 24 years old. He has always provided excellent care and is very thorough during the eye examination. My daughter is still a patient and my family truly values the care that we receive from Dr. Prepas. His office staff is very professional and efficient. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Prepas as a Great Ophthalmologist. I feel very lucky that he was recommended to our family.

November 9th, 2008
Dr. Prepas is an Excellent Doctor, I saw him when I growing up and i went to him for a blurry eye back in 1995 he diagnosed me with Optic Neuritis, and he sent me to a Neurologist that said I had Multiple Sclerosis. If I didn't go to Dr. Prepas I wouldn't of known what I had. Thanks to him for sending me to the Neurologist that he knew. I just started going back to see Dr. Prepas and I'm very happy he takes my Insurance

September 1st, 2008
Dr. Prepas saved my son's eyesight
My son could not even read the big "E" on the eyechart when I first took him to Dr. Prepas. With patching one eye for a while, and glasses full-time for several yrs, he now reads the chart fine with and without glasses when he went for his driver's license test. Dr. Prepas was great at explaining everything and answering questions.