Dr. Stephen Prover MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

March 15th, 2015
Dr. Stephen E Prover is not a people person. I think he is judgemental and sizes you up. He might even be prejudice. I heard he is retired now any way. I even heard allegedly from a therapist that works in his office that the therapist was threatened by Dr. Prover at a staff meeting where he pulled one of those juvenile feints to make you flinch. Unprofessional. One time mid session he left his office to attend to something else therefore he was not attentive. He has all those degrees awards and so on, but can't put it into a basic doctor office setting. The only thing I am grateful to him is that a U.S. Army veteran who served in the Viet Nam war. Enjoy your retirement, sir. God speed...

April 15th, 2013
Why is this Guy a Psych???
You go to see a Psych because you are mentally ill and need their help. Mental illness requires a gentle, caring touch to assist the patient in their recovery right? Not with this Dr. it doesn't! This man has the personality of a bad Las Vegas lounge comic (the ones who ask people where they are from and proceeds to insult their hometowns)!!! His bedside manner is atrocious! Wisecracking, rude, sarcastic,.....just doesn't want to seem to be there for his patients. This man is better suited to running the returns department at Walmart (arguing with people suits him well) then being a psychiatrist. Even though I was suffering from depression, after 3 visits, I called my PPO and gave them a piece of my mind. They quickly gave me another referral and apologized profusely!!

June 13th, 2011
Great Doctor
Ive been seeing Prover for over 8 years now. I have been stable and happy for the last 7 yearsHe is not for the patient that needs to be pampered. You will not get any sugar coating here.He is direct and to the point. Great Doctor

November 29th, 2010
If you like sarcasm with your psychiatry -- this is the guy for you.Loves to RX you. You will leave with at least 3 new RX's.

July 6th, 2010
One of the Best
The staff was very helpful and attentive. Dr. Prover was very professional and attentive and diagnosed me correctly. He was very helpful to give me samples while my insurance approved my medication. I would definitely recommend him....

April 11th, 2010
Worst
This man shouldn't be a psychiatrist. He should be out looking for one! I gave up on him after two visits and went to see someone else. Terrible bedside manner. Actually got irate with me.