A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Mitchell:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Stephen Mitchell is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Mitchell
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Mitchell Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Mitchell, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Rheumatology, Pediatrics, and Pediatric Rheumatology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Education & Awards
Dr. Mitchell graduated from University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Mitchell has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Georgetown University Hospital
- Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, Dc
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Stephen Ray Mitchell MD is a male Internist, has 36 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Rheumatology, Pediatrics, and Pediatric Rheumatology.
- Where does Dr. Stephen R. Mitchell practice?
- Dr. Stephen Mitchell has 1 office location.
Dr. Stephen Mitchell practices Internal Medicine, Rheumatology, Pediatrics, and Pediatric Rheumatology near Washington, DC.
See Washington Internists, Washington Rheumatologists, Washington Pediatricians, and Washington Pediatric Specialists.