Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- COPD The facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stephen Smith
Dr. Stephen Smith, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Durham, NC. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology, Cardiology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Smith is affiliated with Duke University Hospital and Duke University Hospital. Dr. Smith has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Stephen Smith has the following 3 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well...
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness...
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad...
Dr. Stephen Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Durham, NC.
Dr. Kimberley Evans
Nephrology, Internal Medicine
Durham, NC 0 mi15
Dr. James Tcheng
Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology
Durham, NC 0 mi31
Dr. Gary Lyman
Medical Oncology, Hematology and Oncology, Internal Medicine, Hematology
Durham, NC 0 mi45