Dr. Stephen Ripple MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

August 9th, 2016
Dr. Ripple offered mulitple different options for my torn menicus and torn ACL. He was not aggressive and gave me several treatment plans. Very relaxed interactions, I would recommend him to anyone. He made me feel very comfortable.

December 3rd, 2015
The other reviews here were unfortunately accurate. This Dr. must pay no attention to reviews. I didn't want to see him, based on the reviews here, but my insurance didn't leave me a lot of choices. I waited 1 and a half hours to see him and then he was very dismissive. Brought my MRI but highly doubt that he even looked at it. Gave me a Rx for steroids (for 5 days), which did absolutely nothing and a referral for P.T. I will never see him again...

October 9th, 2013
Unimpressed Patient
My initial consult with this guy was for a lower back problem. I waited 45 min in the waiting room and finally got back to see him and he was in such a hurry that he didn't let me have a chance to really talk or explain much of anything. He was arrogant and didn't seem to care about what I had to say at all. The whole time that he was with me was about 3 min. Tops. He told me that I needed an MRI and that they would be calling me to schedule it. After the MRI I had to go back in to see him. I made my apt for late afternoon and had to take time off from work to get there on time (I was ten min early). I asked the receptionist is he was runny on time and she said that there were 2 people in front of me. I waited and waited and waited. The reception area was filled when I got there and was empty when I finally went to the window to ask if they had forgotten me. They took me back to a room where I then waited about another 30 min. By that time I had waited 1 1/2 hrs. I was furious. When Dr Ripple came in I told him in that my waiting that long was totally unacceptable and his poor time management skills were not my problem. He gave me some excuse about the "Ripple" affect and if my apt would have been earlier I wouldn't have waited so long. What a line of crap. My time is just as valuable as his and I was discussed and furious. They really should have given me my copay back. I would never go back to this Dr. nor would I recommend him to any one else.

March 21st, 2013
GREAT ORTHO DR FOR MY SON
DR RIPPLE HAD A GREAT CONNECTION WITH MY SON AND TREATED HIM FOR A BROKEN ARM FROM SOCCER, TWICE!! He explained the procedure well, cared about the patient, put all parents at ease and explained the damage and how to repair it. Great interaction. These Docs see alot of people and help the bones to mend correctly. Great work Dr Ripple

September 27th, 2012
I fractured my rotator cuff and I feel I am not getting the correct treatment. I am in severe pain that never stops.

August 27th, 2012
Read Reviews Before App't
The other reviews written before me all echo my experiences w/ Ripple. Recommeded to me by Wickenburg Clinic, what a mistake. Ripple operated on my broken finger, said it was fixed, but middle knuckle is ruined. He misdiagnosed from xray. Followup showed obvious finger problem, so had me schedule app't w/ him and another Dr. as consult. Consult wasn't there, and he acted like it was a routine checkup. Also during an exam he took a call his staff put in to some insurance company, and I waited 10 minutes listening to him berate the ins. rep. for not paying for some other surgery he wanted to perform.

July 2nd, 2012
MONEY MILL
This doctor will get anyone to make appointment just to charge for the visit whether he can help you or not. I explained to the office my ankle issue to which they said he's knowledgeable just to get there and have him charge me $280 for telling me to go see a foot and ankle specialist that I already had an appointment with for a second opinion. Do not waste your money to see this doctor.

May 24th, 2012
Arogant Dr
I didn't like this doctor at all. I saw him for pain in my right shoulder after putting some rather heavy boxes in my attic. Dr Ripple looked at the x-ray and diagnosed me with bone spurs and said we could shave those off or I go to physical theropy. I had to ask him if it looked like I had a previous injury and he said no, I also asked him if was degenerated and he then said I had degerative arthritis. He sent me for an MRI. He looked at the MRI and said I had tendonosis and impengement. Wouldn't let me ask any questions. Told me to go to physical theropy for the impengment. No mention of the spurs that he said to shave down. When I mentioned that I now had tingling all down my arm and that my index finger tip was numb he said it wasn't my shoulder and said "it could be in your neck but I dought it" and that was it. End of appointment. I was so upset during the appointment I could have cried. No concern. Very arogant. Had his mind made up before he entered the room. Acted like it shouldn't even hurt. The MRI report had many other things identified such as tendonosis with fraying, osteoperosis, arthritis, bursitis, and some others.I wouldn't recomment this doctor to anyone.

October 14th, 2011
Staff misscheduled me for my appt after driving 35 miles to get there I insisted I be seen and showed them all of my documentation and showed them there was no way I could make up such an appt . Dr was arrogant and would not listen to a word I had to say while trying to explain what happened . Bedside manner was less than caring . When I called to schedule my appt after my MRI appt staff was down right mean . I requested a change in Dr which she was not willing to do so finally I just found another doctor for the amount of money you pay no one needs to be treated that way :-(

June 29th, 2010
Made a wrong diagnosis which resulted in a failed surgery. Did not listen, was arrogant, surgery skill level is not that good.