Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN), Oncology Specialist (cancer)
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Phenomenal show details Phenomenal
by Nancy on Jul 2nd, 2015

Phenomenal doctor. Compassionate, direct, explains options clearly.

Superb show details Superb
by Melissa on Feb 3rd, 2015

Superb physician, outstanding surgeon.

Amazing Physician show details Amazing Physician
by Susan on Jan 16th, 2014

At a difficult time in my life I felt truly blessed to have found Dr. Rubin, who has exceptional experience, skill, and judgement, as well as a terrific bedside manner.

Superb physician show details Superb physician
by Grace on Aug 1st, 2013

Dr. Rubin is a gynecologic oncologist with vast experience and a national reputation for excellence. We are lucky to have a man of his stature in the Philadelphia region. I have trusted him with my life, and continue to do so.

Terrific show details Terrific
by Evelyn on May 10th, 2013

A truly outstanding doctor, nationally known and respected, who takes the time to listen and treat every patient as an individual.

Phenominal Surgeon show details Phenominal Surgeon
Jul 11th, 2012

Dr Rubin is a true professional; he is direct and to the point; tells it the way it is. He put me totally at ease and I was confident when I had my surgery. My post surgical care was excellent. I feel fortunate to have had him as my surgeon and would highly recommend him.

The very best show details The very best
May 10th, 2012

An outstanding physician known and respected nationally.

Apr 19th, 2012

A professional, no-nonsense, let's-get-down-to-business doctor with an expert staff. Exactly what I wanted/needed to guide me through surgery, chemo, radiation, follow-ups, and finally, hope, as I move forward with life. The best of the best!

Great Physician show details Great Physician
Feb 17th, 2012

Dr. Rubin is a very good physician and provides excellent care to his patients. I would highly recommend him to anyone.Highly skilled physician

Superb Physician show details Superb Physician
Dec 31st, 2011

Nationally known as one of the country's top gynecologic cancer specialists.

I owe my life show details I owe my life
Oct 7th, 2011

I am convinced that I am alive because of Dr. Rubin. In May 2007, I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer, officially called Stage 3 Optimal. I'm fortunate enough to live about 1/2 hour from HUP and have health care which allowed me to be treated there. I knew I was going to a great hospital and everyone I dealt with was professional but I don't know if I'd be typing this if I had not chosen Dr. Rubin.

wonderful show details wonderful
Aug 18th, 2011

Patients come from all over to see this nationally known and highly respected physician.

Outstanding sugeon show details Outstanding sugeon
Aug 9th, 2011

Dr. Rubin is a quiet person, not very personable, so don't expect him to have long conversations with you. However, he will spend whatever time required with you and answer all your questions. He is an exceptional surgeon and I would highly recommend him. I went back for my 6 week check up and all is well and no more cancer. He advised I will routinely see my family doctor every 6 months, and I need only see him if my family doctor feels she sees anything that concerns her. So hopefully I will not see Dr Rubin again, but I would highly recommend him and his staff. And I thank them sincerely.

Jun 14th, 2011

Outstanding.

May 8th, 2011

I'm a 15 year survivor of stage 3C ovarian cancer. Doctors that I have met today call me a miracle. I OWE MY LIFE TO DR RUBIN. HE IS THE BEST.

May 6th, 2011

Dr. Rubin is a national treasure- one of the country's best known and respected gynecologic cancer specialists. Patients come from all over for the benefit of his care.

Mar 1st, 2011

One of the best in the nation. You will not be disappointed.

Beware!!!! show details Beware!!!!
Jan 28th, 2011

he will have you sign on the dotted line, cut you open and you'll never see him again. He is an awful doctor, awful care, awful bedside manner. I can understand sometimes doctors make mistakes but admit it, fix it and move on. BEWARE!!! The nurses at Penn were fabulous but the doctors weren't, I went 7 nights without a doctor signing my chart, residents, fellows, nurses, but no doctor. Awful!

Jan 28th, 2011

Exceptional physician who really cares about his patients.

Jan 24th, 2011

Outstanding.

Dec 24th, 2010

he is operating on my grandma right now...so we'll see how it goes...

Amazing Dr. and staff show details Amazing Dr. and staff
by Amber Yates on Oct 7th, 2009

Dr. Rubin and his staff are incredible. They make you feel at ease and take plenty of time to make sure you are comfortable and understand your diagnosisand all procedures involved. They really go out of there way to make you feel like you are the most important person in their office. I have NEVER had to wait more than 10 minutes.

by margaret c. on Feb 25th, 2009

quiet, omni-competent, outstanding professionalism - I'm a survivor with the utmost respect for Dr. Rubin.