A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Saxe:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Stephen Saxe, Ophthalmologist, Surgeon is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Saxe
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Saxe Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Chronic Dry Eye
Diabetic Macular Edema
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Saxe, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Macular Degeneration
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Detachment
- Retinal Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Saxe graduated from Wayne State University, Detroit.
Dr. Saxe has 15 hospital affiliations:
- University of Michigan Hospitals & Health Centers
- Ingham Regional Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Stephen J Saxe MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 21 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology and Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Stephen J. Saxe practice?
- Dr. Stephen Saxe has 6 office locations.
Dr. Stephen Saxe practices Ophthalmology and Surgery near Albuquerque, NM.
Additional practice locations include: Ann Arbor, MI and East Lansing, MI.
See Albuquerque Ophthalmologists and Albuquerque Surgeons.