A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Saxe:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Stephen Saxe, Ophthalmologist, Surgeon is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Saxe
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Saxe Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Chronic Dry Eye
Diabetic Macular Edema
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Saxe, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Macular Degeneration
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Detachment
- Retinal Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Saxe graduated from Wayne State University, Detroit.
Dr. Saxe has 15 hospital affiliations:
- University of Michigan Hospitals & Health Centers
- Ingham Regional Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Stephen J Saxe MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 20 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology and Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Stephen J. Saxe practice?
- Dr. Stephen Saxe has 6 office locations.
Dr. Stephen Saxe practices Ophthalmology and Surgery near Albuquerque, NM.
Additional practice locations include: Ann Arbor, MI and East Lansing, MI.
See Albuquerque Ophthalmologists and Albuquerque Surgeons.