Stephen Scheper Is this you?

3 Ratings • 1 Comment

Have you seen Stephen Scheper?

Autism Spectrum Disorder

Autism Spectrum Disorder

Posted on December 12th, 2014

Unethical practice. I was scheduled for an outpatient procedure. Dr. Scheper refused to perform entire procedure stating that the insurance company wouldn't allow him to treat multiple areas due to complexity. In reality, the insurance would approve the entire procedure, but the Doctor would get paid less for doing all work needed on one day. Doctor would get paid double for me to have same procedure on 2 separate days. I had to return on another day, go under anesthesia again, pay another facility fee and Co-insurance amount. Very wrong and dishonest.

Doctor's Response

I'm sorry that insurance companies put limitations on the amount of treatment we are allowed to perform on a single encounter. This is a worsening trend across medicine. Please recognize that when surgeries or procedures are performed in a facility, adding equipment used as well as the time spent by the staff and physician for extra "free" services is a much greater burden to the facility than it seems. In my private clinic we regularly go "above and beyond", often never getting paid by insurance for what we do. We do that gladly for the convenience of our patients, and will always continue to do so.

Posted on October 3rd, 2014