Dr. Stephen Schutz MD Patient Reviews

3.3

• Good
  • Bad

July 30th, 2016
Have seen him for many colonoscopies and endoscopy Always very friendly and informative. Takes his time to explain everything you want to know. His staff very friendly explaining everything as you proceed with tests. If only what you drank tasted better but that's not his fault.

July 2nd, 2016
He'll harml you with drugs...not rebuild you with probiotics and nutrition
He pinched my colon during a colonoscopy and I woke up, was extremely sick for years after he stripped all my probiotic bacteria without ever rebuilding my gut flora.I felt pain in my Colon six months later and called his office 4 weeks to try to see him.finally i got in to see a nurse practitioner and she sent me to get a MRI that revealed Two tennis ball size absess in my colon..I could of died of toxic shock if they popped. They then forced me to take flagyl a antibiotic on my do not take list and was hospitalized for vomiting and diaarriea.WBC count was 15 and they wanted to cut out my whole colon. Recovered with another antibiotic and speng 7 months on pain meds. Diagnosed me with crohns and said food has nothing to do with your crohns. Found out later i cracked a amalgamand had mecury poisoning. Worse bed side manner ....never returned calls..

April 1st, 2016
Great doctor!
Excellent Doctor! Took his time with me and helped me become a healthier, happier patient by recommending things to improve my quality of life. I have a minor condition and he took his time with me as if I was a chronically ill patient. He was compassionate with me and actively listened even though again, I have a minor condition. I would recommend him if you need a GI referral and have some apprehension about seeing this kind of specialist and/or a colonoscopy for a minor condition or even cancer. He's very knowledgable and discusses even the newest "self care" options out there. He's a big believer in probiotics and healthy diet instead of just pushing a pill. This kind of treatment by an MD solves medical issues instead of creating new ones with drugs. Although I'm sure he would prescribe if he saw a true medical reason to. Keep it up doc!

October 1st, 2013
Outstanding dedication and care
When my husband's routine colonoscopy didn't go as planned because of incomplete cleanout, Dr Schutz not only removed the polyp that he could see, but adjusted his busy schedule so that a complete cleanout was done and the rest of the colonoscopy could proceed. I was most impressed by Dr Schutz's compassion and willingness to avoid rescheduling the colonoscopy.

September 29th, 2013
Great experience
My family has had 4 encounters with Dr. Schutz and his clinic in the past year. Each time we were very pleased with our treatment and outcomes. Follow-up has been thorough. The entire staff is professional, courteous, knowledgeable, and friendly. The facility is state-of -the-art. Dr. Schutz is caring, informative and technically competent. We are very pleased!

September 26th, 2013
Pleasant experience
2nd visit in 3 years for digestive procedures. The doctor and staff are very pleasant and professional. They listen and answer questions in a caring way

September 17th, 2013
Very satisfied
When I met Dr. Schutz the first time, he looked at me and decided not to operate. He thought I looked too good. My next appointment at Digestive Health was with another doctor who had put in a stint and he wanted Dr. Shutz to re-evaluate the action. Dr. Schutz then installed a metal expanding stint that I kept in for about 6 months. I took a driving trip to Alaska covering 9000 miles all with no problems. Last week I had the stint pulled out and all seems to working properly. Through it all Dr. Schutz has been the most kind, understanding and above all professional doctor. I most highly recommend him for an ERCP and assume any other gastro-intestinal issue.

April 12th, 2013
Waste of Time
I have a digestive disorder that has required close GI care for over 16 years. I have had a terrible time trying to find a new GI in Boise since I moved here 3 years ago. Dr. Schutz was the worst I have seen in Boise! I waited 4 weeks for an appointment and when I finally saw him, he was rude and dismissed my concerns basically saying he could do nothing for me. Getting in to see a GI is difficult enough; I would not recommend wasting time seeing Dr. Schutz.

May 24th, 2011
makes you wait 30 days for an appointment; cancels your visit one day before, and makes you wait 30 more days. Does not know what is wrong with me.

May 19th, 2011
Dr. Schultz does not care
My husband went in for a colonscopy last year, in which Dr. Schultz performed. Since this procedures, my husband has had pain (sometimes excruciating). My husband has tried to get into see Dr. Schutz and every appointment scheduled, Dr. S's office cancels and reschedules. Now, Dr. S doesn't want to see him at all and referred him to another dr.

January 10th, 2011
Doc OK, Staff and clinic very poor
Once I actually get to see Dr. Schutz, he's an ok guy who seems to know his stuff. But try to get anyone on the phone at the DHClinic and forget it! You will NEVER get a human being to answer a phone over there and even if you leave a message, good luck in getting a call back. If they are that busy, they need to hire more receptionists. Concern and care for their patients is non-existant! Look elsewhere. More than my bowel is irritated with these folks!!

October 20th, 2010
Very polite and professional. I had an excellent experience with Dr Schutz.