Dr. Stephen Sears MD Patient Reviews

• Gastroenterology Loveland, CO

3.0

August 12th, 2016
Explains everything!
Spends time explaining in detail everything in regards to condition in a way that is easy to understand. Answers all questions. Calls are always returned within in 24-48 hours.

March 5th, 2015
Still Sick.
I saw Dr Sears as he was the first available and i was in a great deal of pain. After hardly listening to my symptoms he wants to do an upper and lower scope to look for concerns. In the office he confirmed he would do a specific test I requested for bacteria, he agreed. In the hospital before the scopes i asked his nurses and they said that he would do that biopsy and test for sure. I asked him AFTER the procedure still in the hospital to ensure it would be done and he confirmed it. After getting my results and calling the office i find out that he never did it!! I am still sick and now he wants me to follow up with the NP to figure it out, just washing his hands of me. Are you for real?? You had no problem charging my insurance over 5 GRAND, but i still have ALL the problems that i did before?! I would never recommend this Dr. It was no wonder that he had such an open schedule. I was and am deeply saddened by the promises and dismissal i received from someone who so easily billed my insurance for sub-par care.

January 2nd, 2015
MR
Memorable? Ok. For weeks/going on months my mother has been suffering severe abdominal pain. Extreme CHRONIC nausea. Pain so escalated that the last visit to ER resulted in a dilaudid injection. NOTE.. dilaudid oral med escalated her already existing nausea and therefore had to be dropped. JUST TODAY, Jan 2 2014, another "office" informed me (after having to call this office myuself) that Dr Sears overseeing her MRCP, Ultra Sounds and numberous panels has "dropped" her. No notification from him. She is scheduled for a ECRP but not until JAN 23 because of Christmas vacations. Background.. she has COPD, inoperable hiatal hernia, three major back surgeries during the last few years, PRM and more. EVERY attack (several daily for weeks) strangles her breathing. We've done all we can do or know how to do ourselves. We're very busy trying to find HELP as I write this.

November 4th, 2014
My eight minute appointment
Dr. Sears is a disgrace to the medical profession. He is rude, full of himself, and has no compassion for his patients at all. Avoid him at all costs.

June 26th, 2014
Firstly I would like to say that I don't think I have ever left a negative review for anyone in my life. My 'experience' with Dr Sears was terrible in everyway with the exception of some of the staff. In approx. three years he was unable to diagnose nor treat my problems with any effectiveness. Trying to reach him directly was very difficult and when I did see him for a consultation he was often uninterested, ill prepared, and frankly yawning most of the time. Because of where I live I have limited access to other GI doctors and that is the only reason I used him as long as I have but I will return to general practitioner.

March 10th, 2014
I was very unhappy with the level of care with Dr. Sears. He does not seem open to patient questions/suggestions and was ready to write me off after two very expensive procedures that turned up nothing. I felt like I learned more from doing my own research than from the visits with this doctor. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

November 27th, 2009
Do not feel I got adequate screening (colonoscopy). Did bowel prep per instructions. Informed staff in advance of prior abdominal surgeries that might affect the screening. HOwever, after screening was informed that there was nothing found, but I should return in 6 mos to 1 year for another as they were unable to make clear determination. If unable to screen properly, should not have completed screening and collected payment for such. Should have advised patient and scheduled additional screening immediately free of charge.