A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Self:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Stephen Self is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Self
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Self Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Self, MD is board certified in Vascular Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
Education & Awards
Dr. Self graduated from University of Louisville .
Dr. Self has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Caritas Medical Center
- Jewish Hospital - Louisville
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Stephen Bender Self MD is a male Vascular Surgeon, has 27 years of experience and practices in Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Stephen B. Self practice?
- Dr. Stephen Self has 3 office locations.
Dr. Stephen Self practices Vascular Surgery near Louisville, KY.
Additional practice locations include: Shelbyville, KY.
See Louisville Surgeons.