A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Self:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Stephen Self is Satisfactory.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Self, MD is board certified in Surgery and Vascular Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Self graduated from University of Louisville .
Dr. Self has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Baptist Hospital East
- Jewish Hospital - Louisville
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Self accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Bluegrass Family Health - 3 plans
- Anthem - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Stephen B. Self practice?
Dr. Stephen Self practices Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, and Cardiovascular Disease near Louisville, KY.
Additional practice locations include: Sellersburg, IN and Shelbyville, KY.
See Louisville Surgeons, Louisville Cardiothoracic Surgeons, and Louisville Cardiologists.