A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Shew:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Stephen Shew is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Shew, MD is board certified in Pediatric Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Funnel Chest (Pectus Excavatum)
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI Diseases)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Parathyroid Gland Surgery (Parathyroidectomy)
- Reflux Surgery (Fundoplication)
- Thyroid Gland Removal (Thyroidectomy)
Education & Awards
Dr. Shew graduated from Baylor College of Medicine, Houston. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Shew has 17 hospital affiliations:
- Community Memorial Hospital of San Buenaventura
- Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shew accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Unicare - 10 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 12 plans
- Cigna - 11 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 77 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Stephen B. Shew practice?
Dr. Stephen Shew practices Pediatric Surgery near Mission Hills, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Santa Barbara, CA and Los Angeles, CA.
See Mission Hills Pediatric Surgeons.