Dr. Stephen Shlafer Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stephen Shlafer?

February 18th, 2017

Incredibly unprofessional

He asked me to leave his clinic because I took my child to a walk in clinic when he needed urgent care.

April 29th, 2016

We have been going to Dr Shlafer for over 19 years. He is an excellent doctor with a great personality to boot! He cares about his patients so much and we are lucky to have him as our doctor. Thanks for all you do.

November 11th, 2015

Sick with regret that I ever took my child there.

Couldn't be more disgusted. He was my husband and sister in laws pediatrician so we decided to have him for our son. The first visit his extremely incompetent nurse came in with vaccinations for my son. I explained he had already had them. She goes on to patronize me that they recommend children to have them but it's my choice. I explained about 5 times to her that he had already had those vaccinations and did not need them again. Strike 1. Dr Shlafer then came in for no more than 2 minutes. Spoke at me, not to me and I didn't get a single word in. Next visit, jax has an extremely high temperature, fever, had been vomiting and was visibly in pain. Dr Shlafer was the THIRD person to stick things in my distressed 19 month old sons ears and mouth. He determined that he had an infection in both ears and needed antibiotics. My appointment was at 4:40 (I got seen at 5:10) and they closed at 5. The incompetent nurse said she'd send the prescription through to my local Safeway. I drove to Safeway to pick it up and they hadn't been sent through a prescription. I tried to contact Dr Shlafer with no luck, leaving numerous voice mails with no reply. In the end I made the decision to go to my local out of hours clinic as he was burning up and needed medication. Two doctors visits in one day are not covered by my healthcare so it cost me $240 out of pocket in total. Which we cannot afford. I phoned Dr Shlafer the next morning at 9am, explained the situation and politely requested that they reimburse or cancel the visit due to the error the nurse had made the evening before, not to mention the further distress my son endured by having to see ANOTHER doctor and not get home until 9pm and many tears of frustration from us both. She rudely said they will not and Dr Shlafer said for me to go ahead and find another clinic and that he won't see Jax anymore. I can't express well enough how sick that makes me. An egotistical, arrogant, selfish man who not only refuses to help a family in need, but cuts ties with long term patients just like that. Because I needed to get medication to my son because of his error. Do not put your child in the hands of this horrendous man.

August 25th, 2015

Caring Dr.

This is a great place to take your child. I am so glad I was able to have him for my 2 sons dr. and he listens to you. There were many times we had to come in last minute for an apt and my oldest son had some problems and he always referred me to the right specialists.

August 21st, 2015

Excellent Doctor

My family has followed Dr. Schlafer for many years from Edmonds to Everett and to Mill creek he has cared for all my three girls and my Grandchildren . He saved the life of my granddaughter who drown my family will be forever grateful

March 3rd, 2014

"Ego First" should be his business motto

Not impressed with this doctor at all. It's not appropriate to act rude or demean your staff in front of your patients. Educating a patient and their family is just as important as listening to them. This doctor would much rather have you believe he knows everything than gain your trust. NOT impressed. Time to find a new peds doc.

October 24th, 2012

RUDE

Staff was rude when they called to ask to speak to the doctor or a nurse. I told them I was an MA that works for our doctor's, they sounded offended that I wasn't an RN or the doctor. Tried to tell Shlafer our provider was not available until later but I would try to get a message to him to call Shlafer back between cases. He was totally rude, constantly cut me off while I was trying to help him. I have zero respect for someone that can't take a few seconds to listen. If he is that rude to another providers office, I can't imagine what he is like with his patient's.

October 6th, 2012

Worst Doctor in Snohomish County

The clinic had the heater on during August. The visit room was filthy. Doctor said he 'didn't like drafts' and misdiagnosed my daughter's problem as an ear infection after very briefly checking her ears. Instead of checking anything else or asking for symptons, he gave us a brief speech on 'how the ear works' then left the room. 2 days later at her orthodontist's office the problem turned out to be a sore area in her mouth from just having braces in, in a spot that would have been highly visible had he done a basic mouth and throat check with a tongue depressor.

August 31st, 2012

Terrible experience

Staff is extremely rude. Tried to get an appointment for my child because she was very sick. They had no openings so I mentioned I would have to take her to an ER or a clinic because this couldn't wait. Was told if I took her to either of those places, the doctor would drop us as patiences. They were SO rude. I did get an appointment with the doc. We waited in one of the rooms, doctor came by, leaned against the door jam (didn't even come in) and made a diagnosis and wrote a prescription without coming into the room. And he was SO rude. Terrible experience.

October 31st, 2011

Wonderful doctor

July 20th, 2011

The Pediatrician You Want for Your Child

Dr. Shlafer is second to none. He practices medicine with knowledge and compassion. He does not over-medicate or over-prescribe -- but if the situation warrants it he has no problem refering you on to the best specialist at Children's Hospital. I cannot say enough positives about him.

January 5th, 2011

wouldn't take my kids anywhere else

I started going to Dr. Shlafer since my 6yr old was born and now take my 1yr old there. I wouldn't take my children anywhere else. They get us in for same day appointments whenever needed with multiple time options. My girls love him and he loves to joke around which makes appointments fun. He has a laid back personality and is not your typical doctor that us as adults would expect at our appointments which makes him perfect as a pediatrician. I have recommended him to many of my friends which ALL love him. I 100% comfortable and confident with him and his advice/treatment. Based on some of these comments on here, not EVERYONE will be happy with him. But then again everyone has bad days and you can't please everyone. All I can do is speak for myself and I am so happy with him as my girls doctor.