Neurological Surgeon, Neurologists, Psychiatrist
Gibbon Building
111 S 11th St
Center City East, Philadelphia, PA 19107
215-955-2243
Locations and availability (2)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Extremely Disappointed  |  show details
Apr 16th, 2014

Originally wanted to see another headache specialist but was given an appointment with Dr. Silberstein as he had an earlier opening. The experience was extremely disappointing to say the least. He was dismissive and disinterested. My wife and I traveled many miles and spent a lot of money in order to get this appointment. He may have asked me one question pertaining to my headache. He seemed annoyed at my questions. His answers were flippant and condescending. In the span of 20 minutes he insulted me, my wife and the headache specialist I have been seeing for almost a year. I left the clinic no better off than when I came in. I will make one last attempt to be seen by the original headache doctor that I had originally intended to see. If this is not possible, I will not be coming back.

|  A very careful and very caring expert in head pain  |  show details
Sep 29th, 2012

Dr. Silberstein is meticulous and does not rush the time spent with patients. He gives each patient what he feels is needed in each visit to gain a proper understanding of the patient's pain status and what actions need to be taken. If that pushes back the day's schedule, so be it. It seems hypocritical to complain about wait times when he is treating his patients in the way that we want to be treated. And it is his knowledge and skill that causes people to drive 150 miles or more (each way) for appointments with him.

|  Avoid  |  show details
Aug 1st, 2012

Requires psychology consult and personality test, cost=$410 that you pay up front (they won't bill to your insurance). Visit takes 5 hours, a waste of a vacation day from work. No new ideas, did not listen to me or answer my questions. This center seems only interested in making money and not in patient care.

|  show details
Jul 29th, 2012

The nurse who did the pre screening for the doctor was very good. The doctor was very blase and threw in quick glib answers, 6 minutes. Very dissappointing. I had to wait additional 40 minutes on hold to schedule the appointment.

|  Who would know?  |  show details
May 4th, 2012

They, like a few other unwise offices, have gone to an automated system whereby you leave a name/number in their phone maze, and you're told someone will be contacting you right away to schedule your appointment. This was one week ago. I still have not received a call. My guess is they will keep this system until there's a life-ending emergency, and they're sued, which used to seem outlandish.