A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Silver:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Silver, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Education & Awards
Dr. Silver graduated from Upstate Medical University Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Syracuse.
Dr. Silver has 2 hospital affiliations:
- ViaHealth - Rochester General Hospital
- Highland Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Silver accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 2 plans
- Fidelis Care - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 11 plans