Ophthalmologist, Surgeon
3900 Essex Ln
Ste 101
Houston, TX 77027
713-627-1954
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. DrScore.
 |  RUDE and TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE BEDSIDE MANNERS  |  show details
by Duwana Gajewski on Jun 6th, 2014

How dare you come into the surgical holding room and ask a patient of any age, much less a 73 yr old women if she really thinks she needs this surgery? If she could just live the way she was? She was already hooked up to the I-V and her eye dilated!!! That's right because insurance would only pay for the old fashion cataract surgery not laser! !! You truly proved to be in it only for the money NOT FOR THE WELL BEING OF YOYR PATIENT! I HAD to give you a star or it wouldn't let me submit my review! My mother in law will be seeking a doctor that cares about the patient as a whole for her other cataract surgery

|  Lousy bedside manner  |  show details
Sep 26th, 2013

Arrogant and conceded. Worst beside manner of any doctor ever encountered. Total lack of respect for patients. Extremely inconvenienced patient and spouse on day of surgery!

|  IMPLANTABLE CONTACT LENS ICL  |  show details
by Stacie1979 at Citysearch on Dec 5th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I have worn glasses since the age of four and contacts since age seven and never in my 31 years did I believe there was a procedure that would change my life completely. I had a very high prescription -10 in each eye give or take a bit honestly even though it has been less than a year I have already forgotten how bad it was and I had an astigmatism in each eye as well. When LASIK became available I was hoping Id be a candidate but after visiting several doctors my fate was sealed, I was not a candidate and I would suffer with contacts and glasses for the rest of my life. Enter Dr. Slade and Dr. Baker In April of 2011 I was suffering from constant dry tired eyes in the evenings and was feeling completely miserable, randomly I googled something along the lines of newest eye procedures and stumbled across Dr. Slade and Dr. Bakers website. I couldnt believe what I was reading ...successful IMPLANTABLE CONTACTS LENSICLand Dr. Slade who was in Houston where I was was at the forefront of this procedure! I am still not sure what prompted me to make the initial appointment as I am scared to death of surgery but from day one I always had a good feeling and that feeling certainly only got stronger after visiting their office and meeting Dr. Baker and his wonderful staff. It still amazes me that such a nice group of people all found themselves working under one roof, it was a huge factor in my decision making process as they always made me feel completely comfortable with each appointment. At my first appointment I had tests done on the most state of the art equipment you have ever seen and was told I was in fact a candidate for ICL surgery and due to my astigmatism would need to have touch up LASIK to correct the remaining issues. The ICLs solved my nearsightness but couldnt correct the astigmatism. This all seemed very daunting at first, two separate surgeries for the implants and then three months later touch up LASIK. After thinking about it for a few days and reading everything I could about Dr. Slade and the procedures I knew I was at the absolute best place for the surgery and decided to go forward.I had my right eye ICL on May 4th and it could not have been any easier, sure before the valium kicked in I was a bit nervous but once Dr. Slade was at my side and wheeled me back I knew I was in good hands, honestly, at that point I wasnt afraid anymore! I had my left eye done two weeks later and three months after in September I had my touch up LASIK .It is now December and I have almost completely forgotten what it was like to have worn glasses and contacts. I often tell my husband that I feel like I am forgetting to do something at night and he always reminds me that I think I should be taking my contacts out but hooray, I dont have them anymore. My vision is 2020 and I have no issues with halos or glares read about these from other websites and accredit this all to Dr. Slade and his steady hand. I could not recommend Dr. Slade and Dr. Baker any higher to anyone out there looking to have LASIK, ICL, or both as they have given me the greatest gift in the world, my sight!

|  Why did I wait  |  show details
by houcoog at Citysearch on Dec 2nd, 2011 on citysearch.com

I had my Lasik procedure done a few weeks ago and the difference in my vision is like night and day! I had gone to several different doctors looking for information on Lasik and always left feeling confused and SCARED! My friend recommended me to Dr. Slade so I decided to give it a shot and made my appointment for my free screening. The staff at the office was so nice and helpful! From the first phone call to my most recent post op appointment. Dr. Baker was so patient and informative and the counselors, Delfina and Tami, were always available to help me with my million questions. Dr. Slade explained exactly what he was going to do and made me feel totally at ease.Surgery day was a breeze and I left thinking \"Why did I wait\" I guess I was just waiting to find the right doctors!Thank you Dr. Slade and Dr. Baker!

|  Mom`s cataract surgery  |  show details
by LilyHartman at Citysearch on Dec 2nd, 2011 on citysearch.com

My mom had cataract surgery a month ago with Dr. Slade. He used a new laser for her surgery. I didn`t know there was \"bladeless\" cataract surgery that is done with a laser before we went there for her consultation. Her results have been AMAZING! My mom is so happy with her vision. She can read and drive and do all the things she couldnt do before with no glasses! i wanted to write a review letting everyone know about Dr. Slade. He is the only doctor in Houston with this laser cataract surgery and the way we were treated by him and his staff was wonderful. We got individual attention and felt like VIPs! We are telling all our friends about him and his office. I am scheduled for lasik there in January! Can`t wait!

|  Best Decision Ever!!  |  show details
by phoenix11 at Citysearch on Dec 2nd, 2011 on citysearch.com

I had my eyes corrected by Dr Slade several months ago and it was the best decision ever. After wearing glasses and contacts for years I got to the point that I could not wear contacts anymore and glasses were a pain. I had a free consultation with Dr Slade and he told me I would be a good candidate for surgery. I had it done all with a laser and it has been great. The staff there were very friendly and walked me through every step. I got all of my questions answered and they were patient when explaining things to me. Thanks Dr Slade and staff!

|  Title  |  show details
Nov 10th, 2011

Comments

|  Great Work  |  show details
by MissMarieAM at Citysearch on Oct 28th, 2011 on citysearch.com

friendly service, knowledgeable staff, would recommend

|  Best Ophthalmologist in Houston  |  show details
by mvillegas9 at Citysearch on Oct 28th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I was able to receive the surgery, photo-refractive keratectomy PRK from Dr. Slade and to this day, I believe that it has been the smartest choice I`ve ever made in my life. To be quite honest, I`ve always had bad vision as a child. Dr. Slade has proven to be one of the best doctors I`ve ever had. Their staff is so welcoming and the environment is warm and cozy. I`d highly recommend this doctor.

|  Wonderful PRK Surgery!!  |  show details
by Kelly1685 at Citysearch on Oct 28th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I went to Slade & Baker after hearing about a study they were doing on the aftercare of PRK corrective eye surgery similar to LASIK. They performed the surgery at no cost and evaluated the aftercare over the week following. I couldn`t be more pleased with the results!! I have never been able to see so well, even with glasses or contacts. Everyone in the office was extremely friendly and getting in and out for the follow-up appointments was so quick! I have, and continue to, recommend Dr. Slade to all of my friends and family.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  had a wonderful experience  |  show details
by VYK at Citysearch on Oct 28th, 2011 on citysearch.com

friendly staff and wonderful atmosphere. I had a few tests done and felt very comfortable with the procedures.

|  Great Experience  |  show details
by C Langslet on Feb 19th, 2011

The overall experience was excellent. Professional and thorough. Office staff, pre and post op exams were excellent.

|  Reliable, Friendly PracticeWonderful Doctors  |  show details
by dvillegas01 at Citysearch on Dec 27th, 2010 on citysearch.com

I had surgery with Dr. Slade 6 yrs ago and my vision is still 2020!!!! It was an amazing experience. Dr. Baker and Dr. Slade took the time to answer all my questions. The staff was very dedicated and professional at all times. I have referred all my family and friends to Dr. Slade and Dr. Baker. There is no better choice!

|  Best Lasik Surgeon  |  show details
by Cynthia Frances at Citysearch on Dec 27th, 2010 on citysearch.com

I had surgery with Dr. Slade and it was a great success five minutes after surgery! I loved the staff and the whole experience.I have sent 22 family members and friends to him in the past six months. He is a \"World Class Physician\" We are overly fortunate this doctor just happens to live in Houston!! He is great!!

Dec 9th, 2010

Amazing Doctor & Staff, I will recommend to all of my family & friends.

|  Awesome.  |  show details
by Larry Whatley on Sep 2nd, 2010

Been a patient for over 10 years and have had nothing but fantastic results. Great staff and great doctors. Would highly recommend to anyone.

|  A Life Changing Experience  |  show details
by Skip O'Brien on Sep 2nd, 2010

Dr. Slade is very personable and professional. Both He and Dr. Baker have a great bedside manner and answered all my questions with answers I could understand. My only regret is not having my LASIK procedure sooner. The staff is exceptional from the front desk to the operating room. I love my new vision!

|  Awesome  |  show details
by Graciela Granda on Sep 1st, 2010

Dr Stephen Slade is awesome! We certainly had a great experience. Both Dr Slade and Dr Baker are great, not to mention the exceptional treatment we received from the fabulous staff, My husband and I as patients are so pleased, that our daughter is having her surgery done later this year. Thank you so much!

|  Great!!  |  show details
by Sam on Aug 30th, 2010

I had a great experience in Dr.Slade's office. Everyone was friendly and willing to answer any questions I had. They gave me all the information I needed to make my decision on my surgery.

|  Highly Recommended!  |  show details
by LeRoy F. on Aug 27th, 2010

I was very nervous about finding the right doctor, and then potentailly having to schedule a surgical procedure. From the very first call the staff put me at ease... The staff and doctor made me feel extremely confident that I was getting the best care possible, and that I was not just a number - Great bedside manner. Now, not only is my vision great, but I won't be afraid to go back next time! Thanks!

|  Great doctor  |  show details
Aug 27th, 2010

Very corteus doctor and staff. Thanks to Dr. Slade my son got his vision back, for me he is the best.

|  Excellent  |  show details
Aug 27th, 2010

Dr Slade has a great facility with a great staff. Very responsive.

by Rashid Merchant, PhD on Aug 26th, 2010

very professional, listens and guides, expert in his field and is always accessible, not driven by greed of money - only the care of patients

|  Great Service  |  show details
by Eddie on Jun 17th, 2010

I had LASIK completed here and the process was smooth. He also takes time with you to make sure you heal properly, plenty of follow ups, and is always available.

|  Wonderful Doctors......Great Staff!!!  |  show details
by Patricia on Jun 17th, 2010

If you are wanting quality service.....take all your vision needs to Slade & Baker Vision. I never have to wait long. I cannot believe how great my vision is. LASIK is the best decision I've made :)

|  Exceptional Treatment  |  show details
by Cristina Martinez on Jun 10th, 2010

This is one of the most professional offices I've been to.Dr. Slade and his staff are awesome!

by ballardnj1 on Jun 15th, 2007 on citysearch.com

worst Dr. I have ever been too! Had no time for patients, would not return follow up calls, and misdiagnosed!