Overall Review

September 9th, 2016
Very knowledgeable and personable
Very capable. NYU is fantastic. a well-oiled machine.

September 7th, 2015
Dr Smiles is dedicated to his patients and very observant. He noted a condition I was unaware of and directed me to the appropriate doctor. He is a very kind man and explains things in a manner I can understand. Dr Smiles has been my doctor since 1979.

August 4th, 2015
Excellent doctor and staff at NYU Langone
Doctor Smiles is a fantastic doctor. He went out of the way to diagnose my situation. He waited till we got X-rays done and read the results then and there. He took his time in explaining all the situations i can be having and the reasons he thought so with the reason as to why i am not suffering with those. He read the MRI and X rays to us explaining the details there in very thoroughly. He did not prescribe any unnecessary tests and medicines. He filled out a form for my employer taking his time and detailing. He is an excellent doctor with good manners and great sense of humour. The staff at NYU Langone is fantastic. They all make you smile and forget the hospital anxiety!

April 27th, 2015
Dr. Smiles is so compassionate and he always puts me at ease. Dr. Smiles really cares for his patients. I consider myself extremely fortunate to have been able to be treated by him for RA. He is thorough, takes all the time I need, considerate of feelings and really listens. He exudes intelligence. My family would have me go to no other Doctor for my condition, nor would I want to change.

February 1st, 2015
Strange guy who made no sense while he rambled on and on with analogies to explain a medical condition or lab result. Nobody would understand him, not a lay person not a medical professional ( which I am) . I went back to him a couple times partially because I felt sorry for him and his attempts to be liked. Then he got kind of short w me. And I moved on. I need a smart coherent mecally reasonable doctor. Not my job to make him feel better. His own staff makes faces behind his back.

March 4th, 2013
Couldn't agree with the other reviewer
After I saw Dr. Smiles, I felt as if he was really talking down to me. He also became tangential at times and forgot why he was saying certain things. I decided to see a younger doctor with a better bedside manner.

July 27th, 2012
lots of waiting
Dr. S is a multi-tasker, and that means you wait a while to see him once in his office or exam room. He also has an odd "bedside manner": friendly but speaks of irrelevant things, and is a bit condescending.