Dr. Stephen Somkuti MD, PHD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 6th, 2016
One of the best Doctors I have ever seen
I have been a patient of Dr Somkuti for many years. He has a such a vast amount of knowledge not only in reproductive gyn issues but also odd endocrine issues . He is a compassionate caring person. I have seen many doctors in big well known hospitals in Philadelphia that did not have the knowledge Dr Somkuti has. These well known doctors treated me like I was crazy because my symptoms were odd. Dr Somkuti always listened and told me I know my body better then anyone else and my symptoms did not sound crazy to him. He was easy to talk to and made me feel very comfortable unlike many other doctors i have seen. He always has a big smile and is very warm and welcoming. He did not rush me out of his office. He went above and beyond explaining everything to me. When no one else would help or listen he did. He found the problems/issues that were making me sick and helped me.. When I called his office for a appointment they got me in right away to see him. Thanks to Dr Somkuti -- I am now able to live life for the first time in many years.

February 3rd, 2016
The Best
I worked with Dr. Somkuti over two IVF Cycles, and to get his advise on my severe endometriosis. Not only did Dr. Somkuti always gave me the most accurate advise. He is also technically very well versed and seasoned at the various flavors of fertility and Endometriosis. Thanks to his guidance, we went from hopelessness to having a great family.

June 9th, 2015
The minute you step into the office, you are welcomed and treated by everybody in a friendly way. Dr. Somkuti especially made you feel that you are special . Took his time to listen to you, made you comfortable talking about your problems, especially matters that are not easy to talk about. He takes the time to explain everything in great details. He makes sure that you can turn to him anytime (7days/24hours) with any question(s) no matter how simple or maybe silly sounding to you. If he cannot immediately be reached he calls you back ASAP. He makes you understand that he and his office is there to help and support you in anyway needed, 356 days a year.

June 8th, 2015
Love Abington! !
I couldn't be more grateful for the most amazing Dr. Somkuti and all the other doctors as well insanely helpful staff most friendly!! They have given me and my f ience our little miracle come true! They are always there for me ..always returns my phone calls and answer s all my questions. They are hands down the best and most amazing fertility specialist that I have ever been 2! I have went to 3 others fertility specialist before them and have never been treated so nice by any other fertility specialist before! Hands down the best! I would recommend all my family and friends to this most amazing fertility specialist! Love them all!!!

June 1st, 2015
Excellent doctor for fertility issues

December 16th, 2014
Thank You Dr. Somkuti for helping us build our family not only once but recently for the second time. You have made all our dreams a reality.

June 2nd, 2014
Horrible staff!!
Dr. Somkuti seems to be a good doctor. However, his staff is so unbelievably rude! Women are going there for help with fertility issues and they make it so much more stressful!! There is only 1 nurse that i have come across that was pleasant. The others have no time for you as a patient. My advice to Abington Reproductive is to fire your staff immediately. You are losing patients because of them.

April 18th, 2013
lapascopy
Yesterday I had surgery that Dr somkuti performed I was very scared but he and his staff were very comforting they were amazing to me and I thank them so much Abington and Huntingdon valley surgery center has a great staff and I am so greatful I now know I am in excellent care with them Dr somkuti even called me first thing this morning to check on me and this afternoon his staff called to check on me if this isn't the best care I have ever experienced then idk what great care is lol thank you all deeply for loving your jobs.

January 29th, 2013
Go somewhere else
Very inefficient staff, extremely rude and incompetent. Does not value the patient. Dr Somkuti was very rude. His staff is ignorant and continually makes mistakes - billing, returning your call etc. Overall and incompetent doctor who only cares about your money and not you the patient.

December 1st, 2012
Would never recommend
I was 35 when I came to them. After all tests, they quoted me a 46% success rate. After 6 IUIs and 3 IVFs - all resulted in big fat NO - not even a miscarriage, they treated me like I was the oldest woman to ever walk into their office. All the failures were attributed to my age. I am now 37. After depleting my insurance and savings, I finally heed my sister's advice to move on.

April 17th, 2012
Abington Reproductive Medicine is the best!
Dr. Somkuti and his team at Abington Reproductive Medicine made our dream of parenthood come true! We celebrate the birth of our baby girl everyday. The support and guidance we received was second to none. We feek lucky to have found such a wonderful practice.

December 16th, 2011
Most caring doctor I've ever seen
I brought my 14 year old daughter to Dr. Somkuti and has been treating her for 3 years. He talks to HER instead of just me, and spends the extra time explaining her problem. He even draws pictures. He has put her at such ease. She had a bad experience with her first internal exam at another doctor's office. When he examined her he was so kind, gental, funny and informative. He did surgery on her yesterday for endometriosis and called today, personally, to see how she was doing. He is one of the best doctors because he is caring, informative, spends plenty of time explaining and his is very intelligent. We are very lucky that we found him.