Family Physicians

911 Moraga Rd
Ste 101
Lafayette, CA 94549
925-962-9120
Locations and availability (2)

|  Very caring and knowledgeable  |  show details
by Nancy on Feb 5th, 2010

I think Dr. Sommer is an excellent primary MD. If he thinks you need more specialized care, he always knows where to send you. He has always spent time with me and he is very concerned that his patients get the best care possible. He has a terrific office staff who are very helpful. I highly recommend him for a primary care MD. I am a Nurse and I see many MD's who hardly take the time to get to know you and barely spend any time with you. They just rush in and out. Sometimes your wait may be 15 min or so, but he will spend the time you need when he gets to you.

|  Medical Practice Manager?  |  show details
by Nancy G on Jun 24th, 2009

Wednesday, 6/24/09I tried to get an appointment with Dr. Sommer on Monday and again on Tuesday. There was only a recording on Monday until after 4:30 p.m. Apparently the office was too busy to take a call all afternoon which might indicate another person was needed. Where was the Manager who should have stepped in when needed that day? On Tuesday, the person answering the phone told me there was just no chance of getting an appointment without even offering to contact me if there was a cancellation! I didnt encounter these problems when you had a second doctor on the staff. Without Dr. Littlejohn, the office seems to have lost the personal touch that was/is always so important to your clients. I have never been a medical manager, but I have been a department head, and I was expected to see that all was running smoothly. Is that too far off from what is expected of a Medical Manager? As such, are you aware of what is going on? (or NOT going on?)