Dr. Stephen Southworth Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stephen Southworth?

Awesome Doctor

Posted on September 17th, 2015

My first experience with him was related to my mom who had seen another orthopedic surgeon that told her she needed a hip replacement from nothing more than an x-ray and ultimately just gave Her an injection into the joint. When her pain got worse a few days later and could not get in to see the first Dr we went to see Dr Southworth and he ordered an MRI. We learned from that MRI that my mother did not need a hip replacement but rather that she had bone cancer. He took his time and listened and did what was right target than jump into surgery. I broke my arm a few days ago and went to see him myself and he remembered my mom and was thoughtful enough to ask about her while also taking care of my problem. I would recommend him to anyone!!

Options

Posted on April 10th, 2014

Gives lots of choices. Does not immediately push for surgery.

Very knowledgeable

Posted on March 31st, 2014

Very thorough. Does not waste time. Talks to patients like they were friends. Gives practical advice.

Don't bother.

Posted on April 3rd, 2012

I went to Dr. Southworth with serious hip pain. He never did any kind of examination, rather he ordered a lot of tests. Although the MRI indicated what the problem was, he ignored this and simply told me to take ibuprofen three times a day - for the rest of my life! On a visit a few weeks later to my general practitioner, I mentioned the pain I was experiencing. My GP examined me and diagnosed the problem right away and gave me exercises to eliminate the pain. After researching my GP's diagnosis, I realized it made sense. Why didn't Southworth know this? Because he didn't listen. He made me feel like he had more important patients to see.

Posted on May 16th, 2017